Scotland to give war veterans priority on NHS

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by oberon, Feb 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Once again Scotland shows how it should be done:

Scottish NHS

2. ''And the change will come into effect from the end of this month.'' end quote

....and pushing it through pretty rapid too instead of going through numerous quango's just to get it passed, good call.

3. I note that they say it's for treatment for things which are attributable to the service of the individual. Who's going to make that judgement call? If someone has a condition which has been caused by their service, and is not in receipt of a medical pension, they must be in a very small subset.

4. There are thousands of us who were exposed to asbestos in the 60's and 70's and receive no such medical pension. Attempting a claim is a long drawn out process. Believe me!
    Well done Nicola
    geoff(ers) :nemo:

5. I wish you luck in your attempt to prove to the satisfaction of some jumped-up NHS manager that your condition was caused by your service.

6. Thanks for your concern JC.
    geoff(ers) :nemo:

7. I seem to remember spray painting the inside of the Intrepid with nothing more than a pair of overalls and some vaseline smeared over the face for protection.
    Oh! Yes, and a pint of milk..
    'elf and saferty didn't come into it.
    As far as I know there have been no ill effects but wish anyone well if they do have to claim.

8. I hate to blow Australia's bugle on this laudable action , but, we have had a Veterans Healthcare system since WW1 .

Geoffg
    To help your claim , look at the disposal of any old warships you served on (Aust Type 12 Destroyers sunk as targets, dive sites )