Scotland the Brave

PartTimer said:
brigham600 said:
I never said I believed all the stories regarding Culloden. All I stated was that was one of the reasons for them not exactly liking us. Flipping heck, dont bite my head off please.

Sorry b600 - didn't mean to bute your head off. I just get well hacked off when people spout forth inacurate propoganda about stuff, like the mountain of shit that's stated as fact about the American Revolution.

Yes the American revolution was really all about the oil.

Peter

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
Maxi_77 said:
PartTimer said:
brigham600 said:
I never said I believed all the stories regarding Culloden. All I stated was that was one of the reasons for them not exactly liking us. Flipping heck, dont bite my head off please.

Sorry b600 - didn't mean to bute your head off. I just get well hacked off when people spout forth inacurate propoganda about stuff, like the mountain of shit that's stated as fact about the American Revolution.

Yes the American revolution was really all about the oil.

Peter

A bit like Scottish devolution then :)

As has been said, when you look into some of the myths and legends, you might be a bit surprised at the sheer lack of evidence for what are held as holy writ by some. Glencoe was mentioned a few posts ago and, although universally held as a massacre carried out by "The Campbells" against " The Macdonalds", nothing could be much further from the truth. Quite a few of the Macdonalds of Glencoe died, but they were killed in a very underhand manner by representatives of the then Scottish arm of the Government, at least one of whom was an officer and of the Campbell clan from just along the road.