Scotland the Brave

ThePunisher

Lantern Swinger
I'm usually proud of my country. We've given the world so much, from penicilin to the founder of the world's most elite regiment. But the attacks on the kid and disabled driver left me feeling disgusted and ashamed.
Banter is one thing. Ripping the p1ss out of English fans when their team gets stuffed if fine. But punching a 7 year old bairn and a man who was physically unable to defend himself is beneath contempt.
If I saw someone attack a child just because they were the "wrong" shirt, I'd hit the fcuker so hard he'd still be feeling it in his next incarnation.
I say again for the hard of thinking: those responsible for these attacks are spineless, gutless, inbred suckers of Satan's """". They have shamed my country and I would dearly love to meet them somewhere quiet and without witnesess...
I'm sorely tempted to break generations of tradition and walk around wearing an England shirt in the hope one of these morons tries to do something about it. But since I'm 6'2", 95 kilos and have a face that makes police officers(and thier dogs)cross the street to avoid me, I doubt Mr Kiddie Beater would fancy his chances.

CheefTiff

Lantern Swinger
ThePunisher said:
I'm usually proud of my country. We've given the world so much, from penicilin to the founder of the world's most elite regiment. But the attacks on the kid and disabled driver left me feeling disgusted and ashamed.
Banter is one thing. Ripping the p1ss out of English fans when their team gets stuffed if fine. But punching a 7 year old bairn and a man who was physically unable to defend himself is beneath contempt.
If I saw someone attack a child just because they were the "wrong" shirt, I'd hit the fcuker so hard he'd still be feeling it in his next incarnation.
I say again for the hard of thinking: those responsible for these attacks are spineless, gutless, inbred suckers of Satan's """". They have shamed my country and I would dearly love to meet them somewhere quiet and without witnesess...
I'm sorely tempted to break generations of tradition and walk around wearing an England shirt in the hope one of these morons tries to do something about it. But since I'm 6'2", 95 kilos and have a face that makes police officers(and thier dogs)cross the street to avoid me, I doubt Mr Kiddie Beater would fancy his chances.
Nice one Punisher. Its guys like you that I remember and still have as friends from my 10 years based in Rosyth. Yes we had friendly banter nad both sides took the piss out of each other...but we were (and still are)actually firm friends.

I would also like to get the perptrators of this foul deed alone down a quite alley for 10 minutes, whilst I refresh their memory on how a decent society expects its citizens to behave. I wouldn't/couldn't beat them, but would prefer to rely on the law to put them away for a very long time and on completion of their sentence, perhaps they could cut the grass at Hampden with nail scissors every week for a year !

CheefTiff said:
I would also like to get the perptrators of this foul deed alone down a quite alley for 10 minutes, whilst I refresh their memory on how a decent society expects its citizens to behave. I wouldn't/couldn't beat them, but would prefer to rely on the law to put them away for a very long time and on completion of their sentence, perhaps they could cut the grass at Hampden with nail scissors every week for a year !
I agree, vigilante action is not the answer, it just brings you down to their level, which is somewhere I am sure most of us don't want to be. I do hope they are caught and the courts come dow hard on them.

Peter

PartTimer

War Hero
brigham600 said:
I never said I believed all the stories regarding Culloden. All I stated was that was one of the reasons for them not exactly liking us. Flipping heck, dont bite my head off please.
Sorry b600 - didn't mean to bute your head off. I just get well hacked off when people spout forth inacurate propoganda about stuff, like the mountain of shit that's stated as fact about the American Revolution.

PartTimer said:
brigham600 said:
I never said I believed all the stories regarding Culloden. All I stated was that was one of the reasons for them not exactly liking us. Flipping heck, dont bite my head off please.
Sorry b600 - didn't mean to bute your head off. I just get well hacked off when people spout forth inacurate propoganda about stuff, like the mountain of shit that's stated as fact about the American Revolution.
Yes the American revolution was really all about the oil.

Peter

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
Maxi_77 said:
PartTimer said:
brigham600 said:
Yes the American revolution was really all about the oil.

Peter
A bit like Scottish devolution then :)

As has been said, when you look into some of the myths and legends, you might be a bit surprised at the sheer lack of evidence for what are held as holy writ by some. Glencoe was mentioned a few posts ago and, although universally held as a massacre carried out by "The Campbells" against " The Macdonalds", nothing could be much further from the truth. Quite a few of the Macdonalds of Glencoe died, but they were killed in a very underhand manner by representatives of the then Scottish arm of the Government, at least one of whom was an officer and of the Campbell clan from just along the road.