Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scotland supporting England in the World Cup

finknottle

Banned
Why should we hate the English even though they are arrogant numpties who still think Victoria is on the throne, after all we do very nicely from the English tax payer and I would like to take this opportunity to thank all you mugs. Personally I will be supporting two teams, Trinidad and Tobago as they make exceedingly good bubbly.

Skunkmiester said:
Your spot on Maxi, can't post much due to time but the hoolians and footba+ll tat do bring the experience do make amuckery of it.

I dislike football, but do support England. It is a shame that Scotland are not there to fly your flag. It's the hate that I don't understand.

It isn't hate, it's the reaction to being told what to do, and to some extent the wish not to be associated with a bunch of lager lout numpties. Now I agree that most England fans are not lager lout numpties, but there are enough to ensure that their behaviour masks all the decent blokes out there.

If the little Englanders didn't make such a fuss about Scots supporting their football team I suspect that there would be far more public support from north of the border, as it is most of us are just cringing at the build up of the tabloid media hype.

Peter

PS Crowing about the fact we didn't qualify didn't help either.

Skunkmiester

Lantern Swinger
Doesnt matter too much anyway to be honest, with Rooney out, Beckham past his best and wonder boy Walcott, I doubt well make it past the Quarters. Especially as there is a good chance we will meet either Brazil or Germany in the quarters.

Unless Gerrard and Lampard can form a great double act we are screwed.

Oh ye of little faith, there is far to much emphasis on 'key' players today, and I suspect some poor performannces are due to media assesments that because X is injured a team will fail. Such predictions are all to often self fullfilling.

Peter

Chunky_Monkey

Midshipman
Maxi_77 said:
Skunkmiester said:
Your spot on Maxi, can't post much due to time but the hoolians and footba+ll tat do bring the experience do make amuckery of it.

I dislike football, but do support England. It is a shame that Scotland are not there to fly your flag. It's the hate that I don't understand.

It isn't hate, it's the reaction to being told what to do, and to some extent the wish not to be associated with a bunch of lager lout numpties. Now I agree that most England fans are not lager lout numpties, but there are enough to ensure that their behaviour masks all the decent blokes out there.

If the little Englanders didn't make such a fuss about Scots supporting their football team I suspect that there would be far more public support from north of the border, as it is most of us are just cringing at the build up of the tabloid media hype.

Peter

PS Crowing about the fact we didn't qualify didn't help either.

Totally agree with Maxi. Personally I blame the media for a lot of the anti-english feeling up here (well, I blame the media for a lot of things full-stop actually). They'll do anything to stir up a story, and if England win then we'll never hear the end of it. I have to say much as I wish the team well I won't be looking forward to the media coverage if they win !

Skunkmiester

Lantern Swinger
So when the revolution comes it is politicians and the media who are first up to stand against the wall......who's next?

Chunky_Monkey

Midshipman
Maxi_77 said:
dunkers said:
The crabs? :lol:

I Must admit the same thought had crossed my mind, but I think Estate Agents probably desrve it even more.

Peter

My vote (after the estate agents) would be - the producers of "Big Brother", "Pop Idol", "The X-Factor", anything to do with ballroom dancing or ice-skating... You get the picture.....

Hang on I want my choices added to the list the list:

Council Traffic Wardens
Lawyers
Solicitors
Social Workers
Probation Officers
Mini Cab Drivers
London Cyclist (and First dispatch bike riders)
Financial Advisors
Double Glazing Sales Persons
Jossmen

That will do for this week Nutty

Skunkmiester

Lantern Swinger
Militant religous type psyco's
Militant animal welfare psycho's
Anti fox hunters
Any F**ker that thinks that their opinion is enough to decide how others should lead their lives
People that write into Top Gear complaining about the lack of normal cars
The makers and cast of Corrie, Eastenders and Emmerdale

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Nutty said:
Hang on I want my choices added to the list the list:

Double Glazing Sales Persons

That will do for this week Nutty

You'll get hate mail from the Med. 8O

come_the_day

Lantern Swinger
B Liar
Mrs B Liar
Campbell
Brown
Browne
Prescott
Reid
Beckett
Hoon
Straw
Mandelson
All of the Kinnocks

And anyone else who knows them, but especially

Bush
Cheney
Rumsfeld
Chirac
Delors

There are probably many Tories too, but the list could go on and on......

Saw this today and thought of this thread:

40 degrees - Californians shiver uncontrollably.

People in Scotland sunbathe.

35 degrees - Italian cars won't start.

People in Scotland drive with the windows down.

20 degrees - Floridians wear coats, gloves, and wool hats. People in Scotland throw on a T-shirt.

15 degrees - Californians begin to evacuate the state.

People in Scotland go swimming in the sea.

0 degrees - New York landlords turn the heat on.

People in Scotland have a last barby before it gets cold.

-10 degrees - People in Miami are extinct.

People in Scotland lick flagpoles

-20 degrees - Californians all now live in Mexico.

People in Scotland throw on a light jacket.

-80 degrees - Polar bears begin to evacuate the Artic. Scottish Boy Scouts postpone winter survival exercise until it gets cold enough.

-100 degrees - Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.

People in Scotland wear a vest and pull down their ear flaps.

-173 degrees - Ethyl alcohol freezes.

People in Scotland are angry 'cos they can't thaw their whisky kegs.

-297 degrees - Microbial life starts to grind to a halt. Scottish cows complain of farmers with cold hands.

-460 degrees - ALL atomic motion stops.

People in Scotland start saying " A bit hill billy ... eh? "

-500 degrees - Hell freezes over.

Scottish people support England in the World Cup!!

ThePunisher

Lantern Swinger
Does'nt matter if we support you or not. You're still going to get butt-fcuked by the real world class teams like Brazil.
If Shrek was at full fitness, you might have had an outside chance. But even if he recovers in time to play, he won't be at match fitness.
One other point: beore the G8, I said to a mate at the work "There's no way AQ will try to hit Gleneagles. Security's way to tight. I think they(AQ) will try to hit somewhere else while the G8 is taking place. That will ruin the politician's party and send a message - your leaders can protect themselves. But they can't protect YOU."
Exactly one week later it was 7/7...
I think AQ might do something very similar during the world cup. Imagine the publicity if AQ managed to bomb a group of English fans watching a game. Or, the nightmare scenario, they got a suicide bomber into a game...
I'm sure security will be very good. GSG9 are one of the best CT team in the world, and the last thing the Germans want is another Munich. But there will still be plenty of soft targets.

Geoff_Wessex

Lantern Swinger
Two experiences of watching Scotland v England at Hampden in the 70s (expeditions from Faslane).......

First time, somebody pished in me coat pocket. Second time, Emlyn Hughes was having an off day and scored two own-goals, or at least that was what it looked like, though I think the records say differently. Scots fella next to me in the crowd offered me his half-bottle of Bells, saying, "Never mind, ya sassenach c*** (or something) - hae a wee dram to cheer yesel up". Most sporting, I thought.

Oh another memory, to the tune of JC Superstar, "Bobby Moore, Bobby Moore, walks like a woman and he wears a bra"

In that case i won,t be supporting scotland in the world cup either. Oh thats right, i could'nt even if i wanted too. Now back to my buckfast

Well now its happened,Scots warned of Engish racism,Police are to be called for racist remarks reference the Engish team,Followed by large fines.good innit? Fcuk em all.

ThePunisher

Lantern Swinger
Reservist Monkey - quality Post, mate. Good effort.
I'm starting to scare myself; 24 hours after I Post my theory that AQ might attack English supporters, the Met announces that the "chemical device" they are urgently searching for might be used against English fans watching a World Cup game.
It should now be painfully obvious that I must be appointed Lord High Protector and givin absolute control over all Intelligence and Security Agencies.
You know it makes sense.
Seriouslly, I hope the Plods find it soon. Not even En-Gur-Land fans deserve a face full of VX gas(Celtic fans are another matter).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Spending review for 'whole UK' will deliver for Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Export Finance supports energy transition in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Gyrocopter accident near Avoch, Scotland - 12 November 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Big broadband boost for Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government helps more than 79,000 businesses in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scotland's most promising scientists awarded £12 million MoD News 0
soleil Express: "Submarine Sparks Panic In Scotland As Onlookers Mistake Royal Navy Exercise For Fire" Submariners 2
MoD_RSS Nearly 80,000 workers used flexible furlough in July in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS May labour market statistics for Scotland 2015 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS November Labour Market Statistics for Scotland 2015 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS November Labour Market Statistics For Scotland 2016 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Labour market statistics for Scotland March 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Labour market statistics for Scotland May 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Labour market statistics for Scotland July 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Labour market statistics for Scotland April 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS June Labour Market Statistics for Scotland 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS December Labour Market Statistics for Scotland 2015 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS December Labour Market Statistics for Scotland 2016 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS September Labour Market Statistics for Scotland 2016 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS October Labour Market Statistics For Scotland 2016 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS March Labour Market Statistics for Scotland 2016 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS February Labour Market Statistics for Scotland 2015 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS August Labour Market Statistics for Scotland 2016 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS April Labour Market Statistics for Scotland 2016 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS April Labour Market Statistics for Scotland 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Historic child abuse in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scotland’s tech sector going from strength to strength MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government to fund international Covid-19 studies in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government launches Kickstart scheme for youth in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government to fund COVID-19 research in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Union dividend of £1,941 for every person in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government supports over 936,000 jobs across Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Save up to £2,000 with Tax-Free Childcare in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Response to media coverage about results in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS First Flagship UK Government hub in Scotland completed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus support measures help 65,000 businesses in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland receive additional coronavirus funding guarantee from UK Government MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Office of the Secretary of State for Scotland annual report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS From the South West to Scotland - check before you travel this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government supports nearly 900,000 jobs across Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Mel Young as the Scotland Member of UK Sport. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Theory tests and motorcycle training and tests to restart in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Permanent protection from higher tax for military personnel in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Summer Statement delivers plan for jobs in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed Kate Still as the Scotland Chair of the National Lottery Community Fund. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coal Authority upgrades vital mine water treatment scheme in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government supports nearly 800,000 jobs across Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ministerial appointments at the office of the Secretary of State for Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Additional £58 million to help Scotland tackle coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government funding Coronavirus testing in Scotland MoD News 0