scotland independence

fleetchief

Badgeman
if scots nats win at next election they are pushing for independence.
will jocks still be able to serve in HM forces? confused.com :?

Well they certainly used to allow those from The Republic of Ireland to do so. I suspect all will depend upon the deal stuck when it happens. Is your question motivated by the hope of getting rid of us haggis eaters or the realisation that you may lose some of the best in this way.

Peter

I suspect those already in will have the choice of staying with the RN or transfering to the PJ Navy.

Peter

fishmiester

Banned
If you get it are you all gonna dress in skirts, paint your faces blue and shout "FREEDOM" at any sassanach that dares to peak over Hadrians wall??

slim

War Hero
fishmiester said:
If you get it are you all gonna dress in skirts, paint your faces blue and shout "FREEDOM" at any sassanach that dares to peak over Hadrians wall??
Please remember that a sassanach is not a derogatory term for an Englishman. It is however a term used by Highlanders to describe a lowlander.

fishmiester said:
Certainly not, we will be doing all we can to encourage you to visit us so we can relive you of as much of your hard earned cash as possible, business as usual.

Peter

slim

War Hero
Hope that the Scots & the welsh get full independance.
Will we will see the difference in lower taxes when these countries are not receiving more than they pay in.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
It won't be full independance, they'll opt out of anything that is going to cost them the true cost of running things, and the English will still be picking up the tab.

slim said:
Hope that the Scots & the welsh get full independance.
Will we will see the difference in lower taxes when these countries are not receiving more than they pay in.
I wish you the very best of luck in that, especially as recent reports from the treasury show that Scotland raises the cash it gets itself and is about to become a net contributor, something which is once again according to treasury figures not uncommon.

I have always suspected the only reason Maggie did not sell us off like the rest of the government assets was that we actually made more than we cost.

Peter

buster

Banned
scots served proudly in the RN long before the 1707 act of union, can't see why things should be any different.

brigham600

War Hero
Does this independance mean you will be taking that lumox Gordon Brown back across the border along with the other Scottish MPs who are determined to ruin England with more success than William Wallace?? :)

brigham600

War Hero
No Peter I am not joking. I have nothing personal against the Scots, but why is it they want Independance or Devolution but the majority live in England and the south in particular.

To quote a friend of mine who is Scottish...

"I hate you English bastards and love it when you lose at anything. I also hate your poxy pubs and shite food" Or words to that effect. Where does he live? London. Why not bugger off back to Moffat in Dumfries then?

Reason? He cannot get any work up there and says it is too quiet. Best bit though, he is married to an English girl, so I suppose he is quite literally fcuking the English eh?

Scran_Bag

War Hero
That Scots identity pic seems to fit a couple of my mates who are Sweaties living in England.
Totally balanced personalities - a chip on both shoulders.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Save up to £2,000 with Tax-Free Childcare in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Response to media coverage about results in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS First Flagship UK Government hub in Scotland completed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus support measures help 65,000 businesses in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland receive additional coronavirus funding guarantee from UK Government MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Office of the Secretary of State for Scotland annual report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS From the South West to Scotland - check before you travel this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government supports nearly 900,000 jobs across Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Mel Young as the Scotland Member of UK Sport. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Theory tests and motorcycle training and tests to restart in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Permanent protection from higher tax for military personnel in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Summer Statement delivers plan for jobs in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed Kate Still as the Scotland Chair of the National Lottery Community Fund. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coal Authority upgrades vital mine water treatment scheme in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government supports nearly 800,000 jobs across Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ministerial appointments at the office of the Secretary of State for Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Additional £58 million to help Scotland tackle coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government funding Coronavirus testing in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government confirms an additional £155 million for Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scottish Secretary welcomes additional £600m for Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GAD reviews modelling of new state bank in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK defence procurement spend worth more than £1.7 billion a year to Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scotland's biggest trading partner continues to be the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New powers to Scotland and sustainable fishing at the heart of new Bill MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prince William is appointed Lord High Commissioner to the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Employment hotline opens for offenders in Scotland’s largest prison MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Douglas Ross appointed Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GAD’s review of the Local Government Pension Scheme (Scotland) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Insolvency (Scotland) rules 2018: summary of queries. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS RUSSIA v SCOTLAND Travel Advice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Personal Injury Discount Rate in Scotland – Government Actuary’s report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Unrecorded mine shaft found under road in East Lothian, Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New UK Government Minister for Scotland Robin Walker visits Edinburgh robotics centre MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of Three Further Standing Junior Counsel to the Advocate General for Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister launches new Growth Deals funding as he kicks off Union visits in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Alister Jack appointed as Secretary of State for Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK government acts to cut electricity bills for consumers in the north of Scotland MoD News 0
vauxhall Scotland Finance & Pensions 2
MoD_RSS News story: Insolvency (Scotland) Rules: Table of destinations now available MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM meeting with First Minister of Scotland: 3 April 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Protection from tax hikes extended for military personnel in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Lord Reed: Scotland’s Devolved Settlement and the Role of the Courts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New Lead Non-Executive Director Appointed at the Office of the Secretary of State for Scotland and the Office of the Advocate General MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Exchequer Secretary speech: Royal Bank of Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: HS2 set to boost opportunities for businesses in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Insolvency (Scotland) Rules: Table of destinations now available MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK Government delivers further devolution to Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: From Scotland to Canada: Burns night boost for haggis exports MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM meeting with First Ministers of Scotland and Wales: 23 January 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Reappointment of Paula Sharp as a member of the Boundary Commission for Scotland MoD News 0