Scotland and the Military

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Stephen, Aug 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If this has already been asked, please remove it.

I am 17 and looking at joining up as a warfare officer. I live in south england but am Scottish by nation. Do you think that if Scotland does go indipendant, this will affect my chances in teh Navy as i assume they will have to fund their own (Somehow). I know its something stupid to be worrying about, but its still there nun the less.
    Thanks.
    Stephen.

2. Here we go.....

• Like Like x 2
  3. Welcome back Norman

4. Don't PM me Stephen. Read your weird post again!

5. Warfare officer?
    If Guzz sees his spelling it'll start a fuckin war.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Note to self: Stop being such a pedantic twat.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I think actually that if Scotland does achieve its freedom, (sorry Independence) the English will probably deport you and all your countrymen as economically it has proven to be cheaper than ethnic cleansing.
    Have you seen the price of gas recently.
    Its gone full cycle used to come through the roof now its gone through it.:brave::sad4::evil4:

8. Nah, you can keep him as he is probably one of these plastic Scots whose Great Great Grandmother just might have been born there. Not only that I feel sure from his post that he will make an outstanding PWO for the English Navy.

9. I have bought a flag without the Andrew cross on it.
    I wasn't anticipating Scottish independence, I was just seen off.

10. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It won't affect your chances whatsoever old chap. Scotland will keep all the Submarines as they are based in Faslane but they won't have any surface ships i'm afraid. Your career will be in boats. To practice, i advise you fill the bath and see how long you can hold your breath. I advise trying to do this for an hour or so.

PS. Wah.

11. :tongue::blowkiss:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,