Schwarzenegger praises action hero soldiers

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by daffy1, Oct 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are you telling me that Johhny Rambo's not real!!! 8O
  2. Nice words from him though, pity our polly's can't do the same.
  3. Its nice of him to say that, goes to show that theres a lot more to him than meets the eye. He was in the Austrian Army wasnt he?
  4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Can't see him saying this to David Cameron, though... :oops: :wink:

5. When he says it, it seems to carry more weight as oppose to an MP.
  6. Say what you like about the US, at least they respect their armed forces. I'm yet to see that here.
  7. Aye, however I cant see him being one to pussy foot around and be a typical UK govt sycophant. Perhaps more likely to throw a few front benchers through the windows
  8. Aye, almost on the level of hero worship at times, though they do have some elements of society that are abusive towards their Forces even beyond the Muslim ones here
  9. very true SC, nutters ruin it for everyone.

Can't even get a discounted cinema ticket here though.
  10. When I was still in the TA several of the local businesses were delighted to help ya out if you showed em your MoD90 but few and far between. Mostly discounts are for students etc, so Id get my mate who worked at the college to sort me an NUS card :p

My experience of ther Forces thus far is only 5 years as a TA Sapper but I'm immensely proud of it and I'm desperately looking forward to joining the Navy. Not even doing it for the paycheck either.

Equally proud and in awe of anyone brave enough to enlist and serve their country.......although the REME might be pushing it a bit :p
  11. Of course John Rambo is real, I've seen him on TV ... looks an awful lot like that Sly Stallion bloke who played Rocky in the boxing films - d'you think they could be related?
  12. Maybe cousins, or even sisters
  13. He'll be back ..... :naka:
  14. lets just hope the Coalition wont after they fall :p. Then we can get the Queen to invite Arnie to form a govt
  15. Am currently based in the USA and they do indeed look after their military, big time. Have been issued with a US ID card and it comes with stacks of perks, almost every shop/franchise comes with a discount if you ask them and show your card. Fair play to them.
  16. It wasn't always the case.... ask any Vietnam vet !
  17. Unfortunately the Vietnam War has the same stigma for the USA that maybe Iraq seems to have here. Society in the US was caught up in patriotic fever vs anti war protest. The soldiers came home to a country that didnt want to know or remember.

I worry that maybe its the same disillusioment that their vets suffered will plague many of our wounded for a long time to come.
  18. Quite right, dark times.