SCC instructor

CaptainPlume

Midshipman
Still waiting for enrolment, let alone confirmation of whether I’m on Direct Entry. However still having lots of fun.

Last week took a couple of New Entrants through their Cadet Action Plans. Heavy stuff for 12 year olds, but they took it seriously.

This week did my first weapon handling in uniform for a good while. Even passed WHT. Air rifles are a lot better than when I was a nipper. Then again didn’t use air rifles in Cadets, it was No 4s & Bren Guns; the 7.62 target rifle as a treat; & all fields round here ;)

CaptainPlume

Midshipman
Now notified I will serve as Lt (SCC) RNR based on previous rank & experience working with young people. Chuffed to bits although there’s some confusion about when I can put rank up. Hoping it will be permitted for next few weeks Poppy selling & Remembrance Sunday!

Boss has muttered something about clearing his desk so I can take over. Have suggested I have a lot to learn before I can even take on the role of Jimmy.

Cracking fun assisting on a Class 3 Seamanship course weekend gone; have my Adult Seamanship module this Saturday, that & Drill the ones I really need, the latter to beat my RMAS stampy feet out of me. Perhaps I should put drawing pins or stones inside shoes to remind me…

Now notified I will serve as Lt (SCC) RNR based on previous rank & experience working with young people. Chuffed to bits although there’s some confusion about when I can put rank up. Hoping it will be permitted for next few weeks Poppy selling & Remembrance Sunday!

Boss has muttered something about clearing his desk so I can take over. Have suggested I have a lot to learn before I can even take on the role of Jimmy.

Cracking fun assisting on a Class 3 Seamanship course weekend gone; have my Adult Seamanship module this Saturday, that & Drill the ones I really need, the latter to beat my RMAS stampy feet out of me. Perhaps I should put drawing pins or stones inside shoes to remind me…
Happy days Lt Plume! But tell your CO just cause you outrank him…. my last unit had a Lt Cdr on the books, but a SLt was the CO, which being a regular service instructor really confused the hell out of me at first, but was told imagine it’s like a carrier, the Cdre may be in charge of the task group, but the Capt still has say of his ship.

CaptainPlume

Midshipman
Happy days Lt Plume! But tell your CO just cause you outrank him…. my last unit had a Lt Cdr on the books, but a SLt was the CO, which being a regular service instructor really confused the hell out of me at first, but was told imagine it’s like a carrier, the Cdre may be in charge of the task group, but the Capt still has say of his ship.
The CO rather likes being CO so there won’t be a palace coup yet. I have too much to learn before even thinking about that!

The analogy I would have drawn would have been with an AAC aircraft commander often being a Senior Rank & the Co-Pilot an Officer. Most of the sailing I’ve done I outranked the Skipper as well…

Capn_Pugwash

War Hero
Rank does not equate to skill or knowledge in the SCC, as you will find out. If you havent sussed that already.

Latest Threads