SCC instructor

Me? Just happened to be passing, live mainly on Arrse these days.... Have made up my mind to do it, however also in the process of being made redundant so job hunting. Will do it this year, just not necessarily imminently!

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
I have managed just under 4 years with the SCC. I had been told some horror stories by RN veterans about the problems with the CoC and the little empires that it has, I thought it can't be that bad, how wrong I was! I have cracked and resigned. I had not realised how bad it really is. Having been called a liar and then being lied to, it has left a bad taste in my mouth. I had no idea it really is that bad. With many years of experience across all the cadet forces, I find the lack of direction and leadership unbelievable, it really needs to be under the control of the MOD, this MSSC is just a cash cow.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Dredd

War Hero
I have managed just under 4 years with the SCC. I had been told some horror stories by RN veterans about the problems with the CoC and the little empires that it has, I thought it can't be that bad, how wrong I was! I have cracked and resigned. I had not realised how bad it really is. Having been called a liar and then being lied to, it has left a bad taste in my mouth. I had no idea it really is that bad. With many years of experience across all the cadet forces, I find the lack of direction and leadership unbelievable, it really needs to be under the control of the MOD, this MSSC is just a cash cow.
That's a shame - you will have seen the other side in the benefit it brings to young people and stimulates an interest in aquatic adventures. But I agree with a lot of what you say although I find that all organisations suffer from empire-building and fiefdoms to a certain extent, not excluding dynasties as well.

However, the MSSC is no cash-cow. The reason the SCC was absorbed by the Marine Society was because of finance problems, and although it was stabilised it hasn't really grown and when I transferred, there were rumours we were heading back towards an existential crisis. Problem is, the MoD has a crisis of it's own in terms of funding and resource allocation so the possibility of it taking on the SCC has probably been lost forever.

Got to be honest, I’m not too keen on the thought of the joining up fee when we already charge subs for cadets turning up on parade nights and then for other things when we send them away on courses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
To add to the latest list of incompetence from the SCC, I have just recieved my appointment scroll as a S/LT as of December 2017,yet my bar to my CFM from the year before was awarded to LT and actually resigned from the SCC last August..... You couldn't make it up

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk