SCC Field gun

Has anyone on here purchased or had an SCC field gun made lately? We are a relatively new unit in the north east and it keeps getting mentioned by our fund raiser that he thinks we should have one? Anyone any ideas please?

Played with a full size one a few times, but never thought of buying one. Have you tried to contact other units that have one?

Trainer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
The trouble is, most of the Field Guns I've seen, including Pee-Wee versions, are actual guns. The VCC ones locally are actual 7 pound Boer war Field Pieces. Back in the day when they used to fire stuff or put Thunderflashes down the barrel, I'm led to believe they were even tested and proofed by RNAD Frater. It ou could find some ammo, you could use them for real.

So its a case or where you'd get one, without the astronomical cost of having a copy made.

VCC units do close - for example HMS DOLPHIN in recent years - their gun must have gone somewhere.

Not to break PERSEC, but I will be involved in a VCC Field Gun Championship not too far from where I am currently sitting, tomorrow. I will ask.

The trouble is, most of the Field Guns I've seen, including Pee-Wee versions, are actual guns. The VCC ones locally are actual 7 pound Boer war Field Pieces. Back in the day when they used to fire stuff or put Thunderflashes down the barrel, I'm led to believe they were even tested and proofed by RNAD Frater. It ou could find some ammo, you could use them for real.

So its a case or where you'd get one, without the astronomical cost of having a copy made.

VCC units do close - for example HMS DOLPHIN in recent years - their gun must have gone somewhere.

Not to break PERSEC, but I will be involved in a VCC Field Gun Championship not too far from where I am currently sitting, tomorrow. I will ask.
Brickwoods Day?

Many thanks, I shall Google VCC and see what contacts come up, unless anyone has any numbers, preferably not for the Chinese laundry!

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Trainer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Having asked around maybe your best bet would be to contact the HQ VCC on Whale Island. They have a Lt Col RM running the show there. I'm just conscious that you are actually SCC which is a slightly different beast to VCC. Best of luck.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K SCC and URNU 25
TheLegend27 SCC and URNU 4
TheLegend27 SCC and URNU 2