Scary Shit!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by sgtpepperband, Jun 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Yeah I know it's the Daily Wail, but...

2. If ever anything like this occurred what do you reckon would be the PC brigades response to the deportation of suspected terrorists?
    Would they all have a road to Damascus experience or would they still uphold the terrorist human right not to be deported to a country where he may face the type of justice he deserves?

3. Deport them all to The Good Old US of A, to help with the demolition of whats left.

To be honest, if it happens over there, I am less concerned than if it happens here.

4. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Its an image from Fallout 3 - a forthcoming post apocalyptic PC game!

5. sgtpepperband

It must be true... from the paper that gave us this:

[​IMG]

:twisted:

6. I prefer the original pic of the Whitehouse being burned out in 1814...more realistic...

[​IMG]

7. sgtpepperband

8. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

The Damascus experience if you recall started with a blinding white light..

At least we gave Dolly Madison time to take the curtains down and save them.

9. And what do Al Queda reckon will happen if they do this ? That the West will lie back and open it's legs ?
    Crazy people, don't they study the Koran properly ? Or do they hold the Noddy Goes to Washington version ?

10. I've always wondered what would happen if an attack like this took place. I know very little about contingency plans for nuclear attacks but I assume the most likely response is retaliation in kind, but who do you target if you are attacked by a terrorist group? Or would NATO just turn swathes of the middle east into glass? Either way a lot of innocent people die needlessly. Scary thoughts indeed. :monkey:

11. I think it's worth a bit of a reality check on what's achievable, noting that there are a range of different potential nuclear attack which are very different from both Chemical and Biological attack.

The type of devastation indicated in that image needs a significant amount of infrastructure behind it, infrastructure that is not easily available to many developed countries never mind a virtualised, and very loosely structured, entity such as AQ.

Chemical attack is very challenging on anything more than a tactical basis, and isn't likely to achieve much more than a Psychological Operations effect, although given the propensity of most of our media that would be quite wqide ranging.

In real terms something like the Tokyo Sarin attack would be quite effective, but the deaths from that were a handful; most of the injuries were a result of crush injuries and panic.

I'd suggest that biological attack would also fail miserably to develop the desired outcome, since it doesn't really, in most cases, have a particularly dramatic delivery.

The Mail could do with some informed military advice, but they're not really interested in the reality of most of the tripe they publish, only in the sales value of the headline.

12. Lets go bomb Mecca before they start!!

13. But they dont all play Bingo at the same time! :dwarf: