SC form ?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by mick82, Nov 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :oops: 3years ago while I was in my local cinema during the film a group of 2 lads and 2 girls bunked in half way throu the film and sat behind me and my partner ( who was pregnant at the time ) they started to throw sweets at us ,a friend who was with us asked them to stop , one of them replied by spitting in the back of my partners head . I stood up to get them thrown out and as I stood up something hit me in the face so I foolishly slapped 1 of the lads before I went for security . once outside in the proper light it turned out that the group who bunked in was all 13 years old and I didnt realise in the dark . I was kicked out the cinema and the police was called ( I never knew at the time of being kicked out ) after a few hours of kicking myself for what I had done I went to a local police station and told them what I had done , 2 police woman had a talk to me and said that they had dealt with the matter and seen the lads parents who I had slapped . They told me the parents didnt want to press charges and I wouldnt be charged , they basically told me I was very lucky not to be for obviouse reasons . They also told me that I wouldnt have a criminal record and it wouldnt affect me if I ever wanted to get a job in the future .
    With the police telling me this I didnt think I would have to bring it up as it was not a criminal record but now I have read the SC form I have read that the police records will also get checked I am concerned I may have blew my chances and wasted my afco's time . should I mention this on my form? incase its on police record and would this stupid mistake I made screw up my chances of being passed ?
  2. No charge? Keep shtum.
  3. will it not come up , or do I need to be charged or cautioned for it to be on police record ?
  4. If you didn't get a caution, it's as if the incident didn't happen.