SC delays

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Nocommsnobombs, Oct 11, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    Failed civvie awaiting re-entry. Does anyone know what is going on at DBS York? I left the RN service 2012, walked back in AFCO less than 6 months later, and they cleared me to rejoin as a trained re entry to LSCIS. After a few medical problems I managed to clear everything they wanted, but my SC clearance has been in progress for over 3 months, is this the waiting times these days? I know the fleet are begging for comms right now but my AFCO just don't seem to be chasing this up. Has anyone else experienced these delays?

2. Mine has just cleared and it took 3 weeks

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The AFCO have no influence over DBS but as a failed civvy, you cannot rejoin until SC is gained unfortunately.

For some bizarre reason revets seem to take longer than SC virgins. No idea why but possibly due to increased financial commitments since last serving or perhaps if you've lived outside UK since leaving the mob.

Either way, good luck. I wasn't aware we were gagging for CIS's to be honest. Chefs yes. New entry CIS's can expect considerably longer training at Collingwood from January - whether this may effect trained ranks, I know not.

4. Try waiting 6 months having done the 10 year renewal.

5. Why are waiting lists for submariners shorter?

6. Because we are short in number of Submariners

7. Cheers ninja, not much changed since I left, couple of jobs and houses but remained in the uk. I've been in touch with old depcos who are desperate for killicks. Cheers for the reply anyway

8. What do you mean by the 10 year renewal digger?

9. SC's only last 10 years.

10. If we are trying to out-do each other, try waiting a year! Whats worse is I've become addicted to checking the DBS website on a daily basis as if by doing so it will speed up the completion! ha

11. They got a shitty on with me. I gave up doing it 3 times because of the shit system not working on DII or safari and even ie. They sent an email to my XO saying I was 18 months overdue. Civvie Cnyts

12. Hi Ninja Stoker

I wasn't aware that the period of phase 2 training was going to increase for CIS, how much longer will it been increase by?

13. Ninja_Stoker

It hasn't been announced yet, I don't think, but as CIS will undergo some technical maintainer training for those joining next year, I'd imagine at least a couple of months extra, maybe more.

The interesting thing is the RT score for CIS has not been increased but there will be an element of Weapons Engineering Technician training. Interesting times ahead, cynics would say we've done it before with the disaster that was OM, but not me.:)

14. Ninja_Stoker

The DBS website is appalling, fully agree. I had to renew my SC about a year or two back and have every sympathy. Trouble is, no SC & you can be legitimately discharged .

15. I didn't know it was a discharge. Having said that, I know I'm not the only one is out of date for an SC. When will the system change? Those who are currently serving should have a different system to those applying for the first time.

16. Cheers Ninja Stoker.

From an SC clearance point of view, I submitted mine back in June and still waiting for clearance. I know a point was mentioned on the NSV website, this is what they said..

"July 17th: delay in processing checks
    Due to changes in their IT systems and staffing challenges, one of our 3rd Party providers is experiencing a delay in processing the checks on NSV clearances.

Unfortunately, these delays are beyond our control and we ask that you do not chase outstanding clearances that are within our published timeframes unless it is absolutely essential.

To assist us we would remind sponsors to ensure that they only select a NATO clearance when the post requires it for site access and/or access to NATO material and the EU clearance for applicants who require the clearance as part of their contract. Requesting a NATO/EU in error will cause further delays in the process.

We will continue to keep you regularly apprised of the situation and thank you for your understanding and support."