Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBS currently involved in incident off IOW (Sunday25/10/20)

pompeyexpat

War Hero
I heard the whole situation started when the stowaways found out they were headed for Southampton; they’d rather take their chances with the boys from Poole than spend a second in Scumhampton.

guns1969

War Hero
I heard the whole situation started when the stowaways found out they were headed for Southampton; they’d rather take their chances with the boys from Poole than spend a second in Scumhampton.
I'd rather be here in Southampton that that shite-house they call portsmouth.

Crabs all over FB claiming it was an RAF Chinook and bleating on how the Merlins were ex RAF!!!!

Crab PR must be crying in their hotel pink gin they missed out on this one :)

redmonkey

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
They are ex crab and the crabs were glad to give them to us.
Most of the crabs on the Merlin sqdns hated them and couldn't wait to go else where.

Wightsparker

War Hero
BBC South yesterday mentioned Sunday's operation and mentioned the SBS but the words "Royal Marines" didn't feature. By this morning, not even SBS - it was "UK Special Forces." Someone HAS been having a bleat.

Waspie

War Hero
BBC South yesterday mentioned Sunday's operation and mentioned the SBS but the words "Royal Marines" didn't feature. By this morning, not even SBS - it was "UK Special Forces." Someone HAS been having a bleat.
Both SAS and SBS came under the same financial umbrella years back. The Who Cares Who Wins brigade whining because they couldn't get any tv time modelling the latest in Barbour coats!!!!
I remember them whining when we did a similar exercise at CU years back. Because it was a maritime exercise SB took the lead. Boo Hoo poor SAS didn't like it!!!!

BillyNoMates

War Hero
When's the "straight to Netflix" movie coming out? I hear Tom Cruise is interested and has started to perfect his Glaswegian accent.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Volunteering for the SBS Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 20
Robin Lovelock Alternative RM SBS video for GPSS.co.uk ? The Corps 1
C SBS(r) RMR 4
B Navy to SBS? The Gash Barge 286
Waspie 29th November One day only - history of sbs 99pence The Book Club 0
Rover SBS. Vindicated after ten years. The Corps 13
S SBS or USA SEALS The Gash Barge 36
A The SBS and the UDT's/SEALS History 6
S Looking for a SBS Book. The Book Club 20
P Looking for Old SBS members The Corps 2
soleil BFBS: "Falklands Memorial For SBS Sergeant" The Corps 4
C RM/SBS Uniform question The Corps 9
2_deck_dash Genuine SAS/SBS/STC sunglasses - H4H auction - not to be missed. Charity 18
H SBS r RMR 78
R Help Regarding SBS The Corps 21
soleil NotW: "Sea-k & Destroy: SBS Gets £8m Anti-pirate Sea Drone" The Corps 12
DannyW SBS Serving Time The Corps 24
Deano19 "I'm in the SAS, my mate there is SBS" Diamond Lil's 80
I SBS and SFSG "Bombbusting" in Afghanistan Current Affairs 7
U SBS from Navy The Corps 58
R Eyesight requirements for SBS(R)? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 8
O Ex SBS bodyguard killed Current Affairs 2
F Do SBS undertake parachute training too? Current Affairs 7
L Could He Be SBS The Corps 9
W Ex-SBS Royal Marine killed in Baghdad Current Affairs 0
wet_blobby Ex SBS man butchered in Baghdad. The Corps 10
W SBS rescue kidnapped Italian troops in Afghanistan The Corps 5
mrsandeel SBS vs SAS The Corps 52
D can seaman specilsts's do SF jobs like 148 SBS ect Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
B SBS Reserve Website RMR 1
K SBS The Corps 21
A SBS (R) RMR 38
MoD_RSS The VMD switchboard service is currently unavailable MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Visas extended for those currently unable to return home due to COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS VMD web services currently unavailable MoD News 0
J Currently in the recruitment process (FAA Pilot application) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
MoD_RSS Bankruptcy application currently unavailable. MoD News 0
G Any WAFUs currently working on F35 Joining the Royal Navy 3
MoD_RSS News story: VMD web services currently unavailable MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: GLD are currently experiencing issues with the phone lines MoD News 0
D 56 and thinking about joining the RFA... ex infantry 12 years in, retired cop 23 years in, currently working for Scots Government as an investigator. RFA 39
soleil RAF: "Four Lightning jets of 617 Squadron Are Currently Refuelling Off The Coast Of Canada On Their Way To The UK & Their New Home Of RAF Marham." The Fleet Air Arm 5
J Finger Tattoo's. Currently being removed. Will i get turned down? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
PotentialCT Currently week 5 HMS Raleigh Joining the Royal Navy 29
M Which branch shortest waiting times currently? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 47
Hooly what campaign medals are currently being issued to Royal Navy serving members? Miscellaneous 8
dsgrnmcm Purchasing a married quarter you currently live in? Finance & Pensions 29
J Currently joining.. How has your life been in the Navy? The Quarterdeck 10
Ageing_Gracefully Book Competitions Currently Running Competitions 5
soleil Mail: "On Board Naval Destroyer HMS Liverpool, Currently Under Enemy Fire Off Libya" The Fleet 0