Saying hello...

Discussion in 'RFA' started by Njs71, Jun 26, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As the title says, just a polite hello to you all so as to introduce myself.

I'm 34.......errr I mean 43! With a brain that thinks it's still 20. I've just (on Monday) filled out my online app for SG2 and am waiting for a reply from them. I hate waiting for this sort of thing and it's driving me mad lol. Like a cat on a hot tin roof at the mo!

Im ex RN..... Toooo many years ago, but hoping it will stand me in good for the SG2 applied for.

Im located just outside Cambridge.

Here's keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers guys n gals.

2. Hi Njs71 Neil ! I'm 58 and am ex RNR RO1(T) It's my third attempt matey,just keep with it ! I aint ever giving up till they actually tell me to stop applying !!!!! Just returned from WMA and there were chaps 30 years younger than me in the fire cell who struggling inside with the big fires and got a few words of guidance from the resident fire officer's (who were all ex RN) like yourself,and If I remember well, Phoenix was a lot more severe !!!
  3. If your north side cambridge come along to Huntingdon RNA. PM for details

Or see us in St Ives Saturday for Armed Forces Day ⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  4. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hello Neil. Good luck with your application!

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.
  5. Thanks for the welcome =)

I was AB(M) for 5 years so i'm hoping that that will stand me in good for the SG2 application. Biggest mistake i ever made thinking civvy street was better! I joined straight from school so i new no better at the time.

Reading this forum brings back so many memories for me with all the terminology used.... makes me chuckle to myself.

I rang the recruitment shortly after i posted here earlier and was told "Whoops i should have had an email" 20 seconds later i was informed that my app had been forwarded to the Portsmouth recruitment cell. So fingers crossed I'll hear from them soon regarding doing the RT. I assume that's how it goes. Any xtra info would be great from anyone.

@ Stobart driver. That's the way..... Never give up if you want something bad enough.

@ Joint Forces Harrier. Huntingdon is a bit far for me on a reg basis.... work takes most of my time at the moment. (run my own business) Whats going on over there for armed forces day?

@ Exjenny. Here's keeping fingers n toes crossed.
  6. Hi Neil, good luck mate.
  7. Hi Neil, good luck with your application!
  9. Cheers guys, really hope all goes well as I'm disparate to get in and go back to sea! Keeping fingers crossed for me and everyone else in the same situation.

It'll be so weird if I do make it visiting Raleigh again!
  10. QUOTE]

From the St Ives Website

Armed Forces Day
    Come down to St Ives town centre to join in the commemoration and celebration of our armed forces. Flag raising at noon. A mix of service related charities (Including the devilshly Handsome Hunts RNA Chaps) will be in attendance to provide information on the support they can offer. Static Spitfire and military vehicles are confirmed to be attending and, excitingly, a flypast from a Battle of Britain Flight Spitfire has been confirmed. We have a provisional time given of 1.20pm - subject to change as always. Music this year will be provided by Military Wives Choir Wyton & Brampton and Ruby Muse. For further information contact Town Clerk on 01480 388929.[/QUOTE]

Cheers for that info joint force. I might have a drive down if I'm finished in time. The BOB flight sounds good. I love the sound of those things. Always over my house as I'm close to Duxford.

11. Cheers for that info joint force. I might have a drive down if I'm finished in time. The BOB flight sounds good. I love the sound of those things. Always over my house as I'm close to Duxford.[/QUOTE]

Nice one, pop over and well give you one of our "Special" goody bags only reserved for potential inmates of the branch :)