Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saying hello...

Njs71

Badgeman
As the title says, just a polite hello to you all so as to introduce myself.

I'm 34.......errr I mean 43! With a brain that thinks it's still 20. I've just (on Monday) filled out my online app for SG2 and am waiting for a reply from them. I hate waiting for this sort of thing and it's driving me mad lol. Like a cat on a hot tin roof at the mo!

Im ex RN..... Toooo many years ago, but hoping it will stand me in good for the SG2 applied for.

Im located just outside Cambridge.

Here's keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers guys n gals.

Neil...

Hi Njs71 Neil ! I'm 58 and am ex RNR RO1(T) It's my third attempt matey,just keep with it ! I aint ever giving up till they actually tell me to stop applying !!!!! Just returned from WMA and there were chaps 30 years younger than me in the fire cell who struggling inside with the big fires and got a few words of guidance from the resident fire officer's (who were all ex RN) like yourself,and If I remember well, Phoenix was a lot more severe !!!

As the title says, just a polite hello to you all so as to introduce myself.

I'm 34.......errr I mean 43! With a brain that thinks it's still 20. I've just (on Monday) filled out my online app for SG2 and am waiting for a reply from them. I hate waiting for this sort of thing and it's driving me mad lol. Like a cat on a hot tin roof at the mo!

Im ex RN..... Toooo many years ago, but hoping it will stand me in good for the SG2 applied for.

Im located just outside Cambridge.

Here's keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers guys n gals.

Neil...

If your north side cambridge come along to Huntingdon RNA. PM for details

Or see us in St Ives Saturday for Armed Forces Day ⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️

Last edited:

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hello Neil. Good luck with your application!

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

Njs71

Badgeman
Thanks for the welcome =)

I was AB(M) for 5 years so i'm hoping that that will stand me in good for the SG2 application. Biggest mistake i ever made thinking civvy street was better! I joined straight from school so i new no better at the time.

Reading this forum brings back so many memories for me with all the terminology used.... makes me chuckle to myself.

I rang the recruitment shortly after i posted here earlier and was told "Whoops i should have had an email" 20 seconds later i was informed that my app had been forwarded to the Portsmouth recruitment cell. So fingers crossed I'll hear from them soon regarding doing the RT. I assume that's how it goes. Any xtra info would be great from anyone.

@ Stobart driver. That's the way..... Never give up if you want something bad enough.

@ Joint Forces Harrier. Huntingdon is a bit far for me on a reg basis.... work takes most of my time at the moment. (run my own business) Whats going on over there for armed forces day?

@ Exjenny. Here's keeping fingers n toes crossed.

@ Joint Forces Harrier. Huntingdon is a bit far for me on a reg basis.... work takes most of my time at the moment. (run my own business) Whats going on over there for armed forces day?

QUOTE]

From the St Ives Website

Armed Forces Day
Come down to St Ives town centre to join in the commemoration and celebration of our armed forces. Flag raising at noon. A mix of service related charities (Including the devilshly Handsome Hunts RNA Chaps) will be in attendance to provide information on the support they can offer. Static Spitfire and military vehicles are confirmed to be attending and, excitingly, a flypast from a Battle of Britain Flight Spitfire has been confirmed. We have a provisional time given of 1.20pm - subject to change as always. Music this year will be provided by Military Wives Choir Wyton & Brampton and Ruby Muse. For further information contact Town Clerk on 01480 388929.

Njs71

Badgeman
Cheers guys, really hope all goes well as I'm disparate to get in and go back to sea! Keeping fingers crossed for me and everyone else in the same situation.

It'll be so weird if I do make it visiting Raleigh again!

Njs71

Badgeman
QUOTE]

From the St Ives Website

Armed Forces Day
Come down to St Ives town centre to join in the commemoration and celebration of our armed forces. Flag raising at noon. A mix of service related charities (Including the devilshly Handsome Hunts RNA Chaps) will be in attendance to provide information on the support they can offer. Static Spitfire and military vehicles are confirmed to be attending and, excitingly, a flypast from a Battle of Britain Flight Spitfire has been confirmed. We have a provisional time given of 1.20pm - subject to change as always. Music this year will be provided by Military Wives Choir Wyton & Brampton and Ruby Muse. For further information contact Town Clerk on 01480 388929.[/QUOTE]

Cheers for that info joint force. I might have a drive down if I'm finished in time. The BOB flight sounds good. I love the sound of those things. Always over my house as I'm close to Duxford.

QUOTE]

From the St Ives Website

Armed Forces Day
Come down to St Ives town centre to join in the commemoration and celebration of our armed forces. Flag raising at noon. A mix of service related charities (Including the devilshly Handsome Hunts RNA Chaps) will be in attendance to provide information on the support they can offer. Static Spitfire and military vehicles are confirmed to be attending and, excitingly, a flypast from a Battle of Britain Flight Spitfire has been confirmed. We have a provisional time given of 1.20pm - subject to change as always. Music this year will be provided by Military Wives Choir Wyton & Brampton and Ruby Muse. For further information contact Town Clerk on 01480 388929.

Cheers for that info joint force. I might have a drive down if I'm finished in time. The BOB flight sounds good. I love the sound of those things. Always over my house as I'm close to Duxford.[/QUOTE]

Nice one, pop over and well give you one of our "Special" goody bags only reserved for potential inmates of the branch :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K newbie saying hello Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
MrTom Just saying Hi ;)! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
NotmeChief Saying someone 'butt ugly' can affect the outcome of a trial The Quarterdeck 17
dabbzie Just saying Ahoy there Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
sparkey321 Newbie Saying hi Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
S scottyboy saying hi Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
kaztheblonde just saying hi Diamond Lil's 17
kaztheblonde blondie saying hi Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 322
slim Confirmation of what we old farts have been saying for years Diamond Lil's 31
P Just saying Hi! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
sgtpepperband 21 things you can only get away with saying at Christmas... The Quarterdeck 3
T Just saying Hi!!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
slim Councillors won't be saying Sing It Again Rod Diamond Lil's 2
chinamatelot Try Saying.... The Gash Barge 5
creeper Site Sprog saying Hi Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
soleil Mail: "RM Chiefs Spark Fury By Offering £10,000 'Golden Hello' Payments To Former Commandos To Rejoin" The Corps 15
P Hello everyone, I’m a new member seeking help on Verbal test Joining the Royal Navy 12
Richbomber Submariner Golden Hello £15k Submariners 12
C hello guys i was wondering....... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
soleil Hello Magazine: "Prince Philip's Birthday To Get Extraordinary Treatment" The Corps 19
BillyNoMates Hello 2014 Diamond Lil's 12
J Hello and HMS Tiptoe Submariners 14
W Hello .. my name Dick Chaytor and i am trying to find anyone who were class mates of Blogs 31
BillyNoMates Hello The Gash Barge 8
N Hello and Thank You!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
K Submariner 'Golden Hello' Submariners 3
S Security clearance and hello :) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 31
W hello guys and girls Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
Rachelthree Hello.... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
B Hello from Torpoint Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
G Golden Hello Submariners 4
A Hello all you submariners :) Submariners 8
S Golden hello Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
W Hello Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
P In-service degrees/training opps; hello! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
soleil Gdn: "'Hello Mum, I'm On Rockall': The £100bn Piece Of Rock" Current Affairs 28
P Hello everyone, my son is starting basic training. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
howfen_lad Hello Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 43
otherguy just a hello really Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
fishcakebreadcake Hello from an old newbie Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
M Hello Everybody Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
wet_blobby Hello Perce Diamond Lil's 12
G Hello there.. The Corps 5
P Hello Everyone! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
Andy_Cap Hello There Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
F Quick Hello Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
E Hello!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
D Hello all! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
D Hello. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Topaz Hello The Quarterdeck 8