save our buckfast!

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Haggis_Catcher, Jan 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Buckfast could be banned under EU rules if plans put forward by scots MEP are agreed.Catherine Stihler, a Labour MEP, wants to ban caffinated alcholic drinks which SHE said is linked to crime and health problems.

its not buckfast its just BOOZE fcuk sake how can she say its buckfast when every town centre has fights of a weekend because of some arsehole having to much to drink.

alcohol gives people the taste of the brave pill not the buckfast.
    buckie link.

2. Would that include all those liqueurs which contain coffee, e.g. Kahlua and Tia Maria? Not enough thought from a politician perhaps?

3. Yet more knee jerk bollox. They would have to ban Red Bull as well. Get rid of Buckie and the p**sheads will mix their own rocket fuel from whatever hasn't been banned yet.

4. jager bombs banned alcopops alcohol and caffeine .

5. At least put them in plastic bottles, would be less scary when they're hurled at you for no reason 8O
    Fcking neds!

6. By any process of rational thought it shouldn't need to be banned, nobody in their right mind should want to drink the stuff. It tastes like de-icer fluid, I only wish drinking it had the same effect!

7. I hear the rumbling of a bandwagon heading to town.

What a load of old tosh. Ban it and the neds will find something else to get their kicks from.

Pernod, for example. Or would the stench of aniseed give them away?

8. actually find the taste quite nice and as luck would have have a couple of bottles in the house. :)

9. Whatever happened to "Lanny" and "Eldo", the choice of the discerning Sundodgers of the 70s ?

10. One interesting fact I picked up on in the BBC1 programme about Buckfast, is that even though it only accounts for 0.5% of alcohol sales in Scotland, it is a factor in 43% of reported crimes.
    Plus, I think the stuff is rank.

11. I completely believe that is true, but I suspect the people who drink it regularly would be involved in 43% of crimes whether they had Buckie or not.

Take Haggis Catcher, he had 2 bottles last night then flashed a jehovas witness, raped a small squirrel and stole chips, cheese and gravy from his local shitbox of a kebab shop. However chances are he would have done the same after a ribena or two!

12. were you out with me last night?
    but you missed the part were I managed the throw my season ticket on to the pitch screaming abuse at 11 overpaid pricks that were on it and now has to go grovelling back to the stadium today and ask if my ticket has been "found" :cry:
    what a lovely way to spend a week's leave.

13. "C youse jimmy yez a fckuing wee scunner so ya are ya bastid. Come on then yez scum I'll tek the fcuking lot of yez" :blob4: A noble speech worthy of Sir Walter Scott;- usually at about 0830 hours after two bottles of Buckie on an empty stomach, whilst sitting on a park bench. The only way to drink it and very good for the movement of the bowels :!: :naka:

14. Good idea, ban caffeinated alcoholic drinks.

I've had it up to here with these Irish Coffee-louts!

15. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I seen the thread title and one name sprung to mind, Haggis.

The results are enough to turn any man to bucky, time to string up the Mogga!

16. well as i said above my season ticket ended up on the pitch with a few hundred scarves don't no if its the shite football or just the buckfast kicked in at the end of the game that made me throw it. :(

17. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I have'nt been following the fitba for a couple of months, but I sense thin ice from the results. I think he'll get the boot in the summer if pish keeps coming to Parkhied and gain results. Mon the Jags!!!!!!! :roll:

18. Caley Thistle hows life in the first division ;)