SAS Troopers in £250k Fraud

#2
sgtpepperband said:
:oops:

The SAS was rocked last night as six senior troopers were charged with embezzling thousands from secret jungle training funds... [Full story]
Makes the scam they had selling Landrovers in Oman seem like small potatoes :thumright:

What puzzles me though is how National Security concerns can be twisted to protect thieves:-

"Their identities will almost certainly be protected for national security reasons"

Gimme a break :pukel:

RM
 
#5
finknottle said:
I always thought I was big time smuggling a few blue liners out of the dockyard.
I remember blue liners in shore establishments, were they sold on pussers war canoes before they got civvy tabs?
 
#7
Well I suppose they had to turn to fraud as the traditional sources of revenue for the assorted coloured berets 'benevolent funds', (Post Offices. payrolls etc in NI), are no longer available for drawing against. :pirat:
 
#8
Oil_Slick said:
Well I suppose they had to turn to fraud as the traditional sources of revenue for the assorted coloured berets 'benevolent funds', (Post Offices. payrolls etc in NI), are no longer available for drawing against. :pirat:
I really don't know what you are referring to OS - Costas Georgiou and the men of 1 Para only stopped by that Post Office to make a small withdrawal :thumright:

RM
 
#11
Bergen said:
Oil_Slick said:
Well I suppose they had to turn to fraud as the traditional sources of revenue for the assorted coloured berets 'benevolent funds', (Post Offices. payrolls etc in NI), are no longer available for drawing against. :pirat:
I really don't know what you are referring to OS - Costas Georgiou and the men of 1 Para only stopped by that Post Office to make a small withdrawal :thumright:

RM

The green lid brigade were just better at not getting caught… 1968 anyone?
 
#12
Oil_Slick said:
Bergen said:
Oil_Slick said:
Well I suppose they had to turn to fraud as the traditional sources of revenue for the assorted coloured berets 'benevolent funds', (Post Offices. payrolls etc in NI), are no longer available for drawing against. :pirat:
I really don't know what you are referring to OS - Costas Georgiou and the men of 1 Para only stopped by that Post Office to make a small withdrawal :thumright:

RM

The green lid brigade were just better at not getting caught… 1968 anyone?
Well I for one have no idea who climbed over the rooftops and abseiled into the Noahs Ark in Plymouth in order to rob it. Sounded like civvies to me :thumright:
 
#13
I never returned a windproof smock after Norway....
However bootnecks can't get lifted for theiving because ''Proffing'' isn't stealing now is it?
 
#15
NotmeChief said:
If the showers of nobbers (we know who I mean) paid them a decent wage they wouldn't have needed to do it.

I suspect it's little to do with that and more to do with the fact they can and always have. All that changed is MOD has started poking it's corporate nose into what has been regarded as 'private' business for very many years.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Darbi Blue Jokes 2
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
B SCC and URNU 6

Similar threads

Latest Threads

New Posts