SAS Troopers in £250k Fraud

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by sgtpepperband, Dec 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

The SAS was rocked last night as six senior troopers were charged with embezzling thousands from secret jungle training funds... [Full story]
  2. Makes the scam they had selling Landrovers in Oman seem like small potatoes :thumright:

What puzzles me though is how National Security concerns can be twisted to protect thieves:-

"Their identities will almost certainly be protected for national security reasons"

Gimme a break :pukel:

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...and the money made from the books written by their compatriots! 8O
  4. I always thought I was big time smuggling a few blue liners out of the dockyard.
  5. I remember blue liners in shore establishments, were they sold on pussers war canoes before they got civvy tabs?
  6. Not as I recall and I can see why you asked.
  7. Well I suppose they had to turn to fraud as the traditional sources of revenue for the assorted coloured berets 'benevolent funds', (Post Offices. payrolls etc in NI), are no longer available for drawing against. :pirat:
  8. I really don't know what you are referring to OS - Costas Georgiou and the men of 1 Para only stopped by that Post Office to make a small withdrawal :thumright:

9. It is only a crime when you get caught.

After the third poaching offence I hung up my guns. And took up a SLR 7.62mm and Charlie G.
  10. Will they be wearing their Harry Maskers for the CM. Very naughty proffing....well that much anyway.

11. The green lid brigade were just better at not getting caught… 1968 anyone?
  12. Well I for one have no idea who climbed over the rooftops and abseiled into the Noahs Ark in Plymouth in order to rob it. Sounded like civvies to me :thumright:
  13. I never returned a windproof smock after Norway....
    However bootnecks can't get lifted for theiving because ''Proffing'' isn't stealing now is it?
  14. If the showers of nobbers (we know who I mean) paid them a decent wage they wouldn't have needed to do it.

15. I suspect it's little to do with that and more to do with the fact they can and always have. All that changed is MOD has started poking it's corporate nose into what has been regarded as 'private' business for very many years.