Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SAROPS ON!!

Waspie

War Hero
Mrs W has only fallen through the glass shower door. Fukcing blood everywhere. Packed her off to A&E at 8 this evening and she's still not back. Lacerations all over her legs, so Saturday night Disco's out now!!!
Just to cap it, flooded the kitchen!!! Forgot I was running hot water to scrub the blood away!!! First time I have stopped!!!
Well, back to it, hall to scrub now!! Knackered already and I have to drive to hospital to pick her up yet!!! I see a long night ahead!!

huwshpis

War Hero
Hope you didn’t have too long a night of it and Mrs W is safely home again. Also hope it’s bandages rather than stitches and she makes a speedy recovery.

Chris P

War Hero
Trust you're out the other side of it all now, Mrs W home safe and you've had time to sit down with a good stiff 'get your sh1t together' drink.

On a lighter side always knew there was a good reason we never had glass doors in the showers stalls onboard:rolleyes:.

You've got to laugh otherwise you'd cry!!

Waspie

War Hero
Cheers guys. Got home at one this morning. Quite a while really considering she fell at 8pm!!! Soon as we walked in the door one of the lacerations opened and started pumping out blood!!! I thought I'd left that sh1t behind me!!! Pressure and elevation!! Works wonders. Crap nights sleep, both slept on sofa's, best way to keep her leg elevated!!!!
Evidently the cut on knee is the dangerous one but it's foot that keeps pissing out claret!!!!
She's had nothing but praise for NHS they were great she said.
Thanks again - appreciated.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Waspie - no consolation, but it is probably just surface cuts as it was (should have been....) safety glass.

I was putting in a shower and broke a huge panel - one second a sheet, next millions of liitle glass squares. Legs were well cut, but only shallow, but the shower tray looked like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Hope she's out soon.

Waspie

War Hero
Waspie - no consolation, but it is probably just surface cuts as it was (should have been....) safety glass.

I was putting in a shower and broke a huge panel - one second a sheet, next millions of liitle glass squares. Legs were well cut, but only shallow, but the shower tray looked like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Hope she's out soon.
Appears it was safety glass but Mrs W is expert at going above and beyond. Her left knee is deep deep and did some damage below the skin too.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I thought Mrs W had re-decorated in red?

On the bright side, with the water overflow, scrubbing out will be easier.

Joking aside, wishing Mrs W a speedy recovery though ;)

Waspie

War Hero
Methinks I have sussed out what happened!!
She fell against the glass which did what it was supposed to and shattered into tiny fragments!!
However!!!
The metal rail, it was the sliding portion that broke, then fell and sliced her like a sword!!! Explains all the blood on the top of the rail and the pieces of glass still embedded in it!!!
Cleaning fer rounds is still underway and the decorating has just been postponed!!! (For today). Bloody!!! Slave driver!!

Waspie

War Hero
Isn't it amazing how when washing it away, a little blood goes a long way! (Told to me by a friend..... Gulp!)
Oh yes. Looked like gallons last night, I had to remind myself of my training when the instructor poured a cup of red juice on the floor.
First thing the Paramedics said to me once Mrs D was stabilised. "taken a photo yet". 'Yes' says I. It's a bloke thing the PM answered back.
He did mention contacting the manufacturer but as we just moved in and there is no documentation or makers names anywhere!! Also the previous owners are long gone!! Also, no kite mark on the remaining glass panel! Think I'd be wasting my time.
Already in contact with a plumber to have a 'bath' installed!!!

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Wish we had had a low level bath installed (with shower) rather than just a shower when we changed the bathroom

Waspie

War Hero
I thought Mrs W had re-decorated in red?

On the bright side, with the water overflow, scrubbing out will be easier.

Joking aside, wishing Mrs W a speedy recovery though ;)
Yeah she did, but me and Hibiscrub countered that. You retire and you think your days of getting on your hands and knees and scrub out is behind you!!! Ha - Some chance!!!

Waspie

War Hero
Don't look if your not into your claret.

I will not be responsible for anyone puking up over their key boards. Even the roughy toughie warriors we have out there!!

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpeg
    IMG_0005.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 27

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
She certainly bled a fair bit, also, in the first phot it looks like the invisible man is about to have a wazz in your loo!

Latest Threads