SAR SK rotors

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by Lynx101, Feb 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, I have the Navy News calendar and the picture for February is a top down view of a Sea King SAR and one of the rotor blades is yellow, the rest being grey. Is there a reason for this or did the Air engineers have an off day?
  2. It aids the crew in spotting where the rotor disc stops when they're next to tall objects such as cliffs and masts. It also aids other aircraft in seeing whether or not they are burning and turning. Unless I'm mistaken.
  3. Also when formation flying it breaks up the disk to that pilots can formate easier!!!!

Waiting for a pilot to correct and add to.
  4. Unless it had to change one after a tracking test and that was the only Coloured blade, spare :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  5. It's Canary coloured???
  6. true
  7. T'were never like that in the days of lanterns.

A good guess was the closest you got. Coloured rotor blades, bloody luxury!!

Eeeeeeeeee, they were t days!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
  8. :roll: :roll: Grubbers never have an off day!!! :roll: :roll: They have to sign the A700 for every job on the A/C that they have to do, then ask the Chiefy to oversign their work of art!!!
  9. A700???? Then throw on their 2's jacket over their 8's, jump on their pussers red and cycle to the Mess for their tots. :lol:
  10. Ah memmories................
  11. Steaming Rig! The Watch Chief always wore his 2's jacket over his 8's. I always aspired to wear Steaming Rig, alas by the time I was a S/R 2's and 8's were 1's and 4's and Steaming Rig was no more :(
  12. If they had designed a rotor head that didn't have millions of grease nipples I may have stayed a grubber. I 'kin hated head greases.

Where were the greenies?

The pinkies were always playing Eukre or Bridge.

And the bombheads were just lifting heavy things!!!!! :lol: :lol: