Salesman forged my signature

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Ayton_Muppet, Feb 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A salesman for a national double glazing company forged my signature on an installation contract for a new conservatory.
    It is my belief that on the day he gave me the quote for the conservatory he asked me to sign the finance agreement but he had forgotten to bring an installation contract. Instead of admitting his mistake and offering to bring the contract at a later date it would appear that he copied my signature from the finance agreement onto the installation contract. Consequently, I was never given a copy of the installation contract. A week later I decided to cancel the contract but was told by the company that I could not as it was outside the cooling off period. Of course I was not aware of this as I did not have a copy of the contract. After several weeks of stress, and following the intervention of Trading Standards, I was sent a copy of the installation contract. However, it was not my signature that was on it. After further action by Trading Standards, my deposit was returned. I have received no explanation or apology from the company regarding the forging of my signature.Do you think it is time to expose this incident to the media? Or should I go down the legal route?

2. Oh dearie me, life has been so very harsh to you.

What with your Risk Armies all tumbling into the bilges during a spot of roughers on fish patrol,
    then with your Xbox 360 Elite dying on you after only 7 months in the middle of Fable 2…..

I can only offer my sincerest sympathy but try Black Rat at:

http://www.navy-net.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/p=427443.html#427443

In the meantime - DO NOT ANSWER THE DOOR TO ANYONE ELSE – It’s a cruel and stressful world out there for the likes of you, amigo.

3. Why do you need compensation? Will money make your stress better? No, didn't think so.

4. Money can't make you happy but it can give you a better class of misery.

5. So angrydoc. What would you do? Let them get away with it so they can do the same to someone else?

6. I like the way you edited your post to get rid of the bit about looking for compensation for the stress encountered.

Complain, certainly. Bring it up with Trading Standards, certainly. The latter will ensure it doesn't happen again. Getting compensation - the way things are at the mo, you could probably do that too. But that doesn't make it right.

One of the reasons this country is in such shit state is because of this whole "blame and claim" culture. Yes, life isn't perfect and people will f*ck you over occasionally - it has happened to us all. You are not out of pocket over this at the end of the day, so I am unsure as to why you should get compensated. Stress - ok - but money doesn't cure stress.

8. ffs suck it up and move on :roll: :roll:

9. Do you ever notice that the fuckers who tell you money does not make you happy, are the one's who have sh1t loads of it. Why do they not give there's away, if it fucks them off they can send it me.

Some crazy old bastard lottery winner whinging that the 2.5 million she won has ruined her life.
    Fuckin give it me, ruin mine I always was one to help. :D :D

10. Aye agreed another gripe with lottery winners when they say "it wont change me".
    What are you for real get a fcuking grip if i won 10 mil fcuking right it would change me cos i would hire yous cnuts to wipe my spotty arse.