Sale Of The Old War Office Building...unexplained death

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by soleil, Aug 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2013
  2. You have no idea how much time I've wasted since you first posted that.

My internet journey this afternoon has been mental and partially fuelled by home brewed cider.

On that article I noticed that Brompton Tube station is also being sold off, so I read up a bit on that here:

BBC News - London Underground: Brompton tube station up for sale

Wanting to see more phots of the tube station, I ended up on an Urban Exploration site, reading about people who break into old tube stations (and other places) and take photos:

Brompton Road Abandoned Tube Station | Silent UK ? Urban Exploration & Underground Photography

After reading pretty much the whole of that site, including a pretty good bit about exploring some old French warships here: The Atlantic Ghost Fleet | Silent UK ? Urban Exploration & Underground Photography it turns out the lad who writes the site ended up being arrested on one of his adventures. Being a nosey ****er I wanted to know more so I Googled 'Silentuk arrest.'

This threw up a full explanation of the arrest here:

London tunnel explorers in legal battle. - David Icke's Official Forums

At the bottom of the quote it says:

I had a 'WTF?' moment after reading that so decided to read up on this David Icke chap. Turns out he's an absolute ****ing nutter who believes the Queen is a reptilian alien:

David Icke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From there I read up on some mad conspiracy theories, turns out there are a lot of mentalists out there who share his views:

Reptilians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

New World Order (conspiracy theory) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now my head hurts and I need to go to bed.

• Like Like x 2
  3. This thread is to remain in the History Forum and is not to be moved.

4. It's an attractive building. Similar to a lot of the buildings up here near to the Admiralty Western Approaches Building. As an aside, if anyone happens to be on Liverpool and gets a chance to visit then it is well worth it.

Sent via Heliograph from the Jebel Birkenhead

5. Where is the Admiralty Western Approaches Building, Grim, should anyone wish to have a look? Is it open to the public?

6. 2DD there are bare sites about this kind of thing, 'the vigilant citizen' has lots of articles about illuminiati symbolism in film, music and popular culture; and seems to conclude that the elite use these people as puppets to further their agenda. Tbh i am sceptical but i find reading things like that interesting, always good to hear how others see the world even if it is a bit barmy!

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Having visited the place myself (whilst Coxswain of Oxford URNU over a decade ago), I remember London URNU (and UAS) was/is based in the Brompton Underground building.

Going back to around the mid nineties an URNU student (Sean Harper) went missing after an URNU Dinner. He was found several days later at the bottom of a vent shaft, quite dead. Needless to say, it was shrouded in mystery.

More on the issue: How did Sean Harper die? - UK - News - The Independent

8. Spent my last few years at the MoD in the OWOB before I retired in 2003, before the mass exodus to the refurbished Main Building. Only drawback was that it was open plan, but I quite enjoyed my time there. Always guaranteed a laugh with the police stables next door: the mounted troop always seemed to depart without the sergeant in charge, who emerged to be greeted by my cry of "they went thataway sheriff", which never seemed to amuse him.

9. Ninja_Stoker

Going back to my earlier post regarding the death of an URNU student nearly 20 years ago, the more I think about it, the odder it seems. Can any of you Legal Eagles explain why the MOD were able to conduct an inquiry without publishing their findings?

10. I'd forgotten about that - it was 4 years before my time but definitely mentioned when I was with Bristol. I know it's the Indie you linked to, but it really does look quite murky doesn't it.....

11. Ninja_Stoker

Yeah, it's weird isn't it? You would've thought the findings would be in the public domain and the family concerns, those of the police and all interested parties settled and known.

If we didn't know better, you'd think someone had been compensated to keep silent. Nonsense, obviously.