Salary against pounds per hour

slim

War Hero
Bear in mind pls youg man that you would have no employment rights at all in the military, just terms and conditions of service. That way the service can make you redundant without any union consultation or other rigmarole, like they did to me. Just before my pension point (have I ever mentioned this before, roomies?).

They did however, give me a very, very large cheque to **** off..... it was like I was an MP or something.
Not like an MP at all. if it had been like an MP you would have been re-employed as a consultant sitting at the same desk and being paid a fortune for a few hours work per month. Plus of course the golden handshake;)

pastrdp

Lantern Swinger
How about getting paid to go on the piss in a foreign country and contribute to the gene pool - Industry is really reluctant to reward that sort of behavior.

pro-moto-r

Midshipman
Cheers for all the contributions.
Why isn't all this information in the RN brochures? On the razzle and - in particular - the offer of free socks would get plenty more applications rolling in!

Cheers for all the contributions.
Why isn't all this information in the RN brochures? On the razzle and - in particular - the offer of free socks would get plenty more applications rolling in!
I guess the lure of jizzing on your mates pillow* is hope to be enough to entice people in

*The Royal Navy School, if you had not watched it. We dont normally do that....allegedly

mikh

MIA
Sumo, now you have gone and done it, someone will have to explain 'Wash' and 'Clean' to them, and it ain't going to be me, I do not have a month to spare
o_O

Sumo

War Hero
Sumo, now you have gone and done it, someone will have to explain 'Wash' and 'Clean' to them, and it ain't going to be me, I do not have a month to spare
o_O

That is why all submariners should have a skimmer draft first, so they can learn the strange world and language of the surface dwellers?

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
That is why all submariners should have a skimmer draft first, so they can learn the strange world and language of the surface dwellers?

I did have a skimmer first as it happens, but as for the free socks, I thought they were for *ahem* other uses!!