Sailor TV series

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by Chaz, Nov 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ahoy,

I've recently managed to obtain a copy of the 'Sailor' TV series on DVD from the 70's. However it hasn't got a cover to it. Has anyone got the DVD set and if so would they be able to scan in the cover and email it to me please? I can then print off the artwork on photographic paper. This kind help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    Chaz

2. Someone must have it somewhere!!??

3. I've been searching online mate, but can't find any "DVD Cover" type sites with it on.
    Sorry :)

4. Have spent most of the day trying to find it, no joy. There was a thread on here a while ago concerning the TV series but I've yet to find it and see who actually had the series.
    If I get any joy on line I'll let you know.

5. I haven't got it mate, I was looking for you ;)

6. Many thanks for your efforts Lamri.

7. See now i'm all embarrassed!
    Its what friends do.
    On here, as much as I moan, i'm with friends :)

8. The version I have is the 3 discs in a box. I have scanned the front and back of the box if that is what you want. I have E-mailed it to you.

9. Fantastic, thanks so much for your assistance, I havn't got access to that email address until I get home from work, will let you know I've received it.

Thanks again, appreciated.

Chaz

10. Why not write to the BBC/ITV who made the film, they should have one copy they could send you.... for a nominal fee

11. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hehe, yeah I can just see it now:

"Dear BBC

A mate of mine recently burned an illegal copy of your famous '70s TV series, "Sailor". Unfortunately the selfish git forgot to copy the cover for me. Therefore please can you breach copyright and send me one? I promise I won't tell anyone if you don't... :wink:

Fanx" :thumright:

:lol:

12. he he...nice one, sgt..

13. lol is it a fake his got?

14. sgtpepperband

Well unless Chaz explains how he "recently obtained a copy [...]without a cover" I will assume that is the case... :wink:

15. Ive got the 3 disc one but he has only one disc how does it all manage to be on that?

5HR'S and something

16. sgtpepperband

Chico: Where does he say he has only got one disc?! He says he has 'a copy'... anyway, it is possible to get 5 hours or so data on to a DVD, if it is in the right format.

Anyway, Nigaramus has sent him a copy; therefore "return and stow all gear..." :roll:

17. It's 3 discs and I pick it up in a blank case at a car boot for £3, they look ok to me and certainly work fine!

18. Have you made a case yet m8?

19. I've got both the video and DVD versions. I'll swap a cover for a serving matelot: sounds like a good deal to me! ;)

20. Actually to put things into perspective, when I bought the BBC documentary 'The Youngest Sailors' off John Douglas I paid him considerably less than the BBC charge for copies. The BBC charge £150 a copy in administration fees, but their video's work. The one John D sent me doesn't work and I cannot get a reply from him when I've requested a replacement! Not impressed!