SAILOR RADAR PLOT RATINGS

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by percey99, Aug 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was having a drink with a sailor in a pub in Pompey a week or so ago , he told me that about 30 years ago he was part of a recruiting team >>> If anyone was GIRLISH or looked a bit gay they were put into the RADAR PLOT branch ... he said HMS DRYAD was full of GAYS ... can this be true ? also wrens were pissed off because they could never get a S..G at DRYAD they had to go to HMS EXCELLENT for that .... this sailor never tells lies so IS THIS TRUE also ? ONLY RPs who entered the RN this way need to reply

2. Re: SHEP WOOLEY RADAR PLOT RATINGS

Shep's assuming that all gays act or look girlish. Many of us don't, unless wearing a bushy beard (once) and being hairy counts as being girlish? Mind you I learned to write backwards on perspex with chinagraph pencils as a Junior in the Royal Observer Corps (I'm still proficient at it!), so perhaps gays are better at writing back-to-front, like walking on the wrong side of the path? :lol:

3. Re: SHEP WOOLEY RADAR PLOT RATINGS

Also an important fact is that instead of most normal matelots when they join up being issued with "Bat out of Hell" and "Rumours" (by Fleetwood Mac), Gays will get Issued "The Best of Shirly Bassey and "Judy Garlands Greatest Hits"......what a complete load of Bollox!!!!!!!

4. Re: SHEP WOOLEY RADAR PLOT RATINGS

Worrying: I'm not into either Bassey or Garland. I used to rather like Mötorhead though.. oh yes, and, erm, er... classical music! :? I'm very into Shep's own creations though! Wonder if that indicates anything? :lol:

5. Re: SHEP WOOLEY RADAR PLOT RATINGS

You prefer men with long hair....and a good woodwind section!!

6. Re: SHEP WOOLEY RADAR PLOT RATINGS

In my pre-Junior days I had shoulder length hair too. Then it got lopped off! It's remained the same ever since! :lol:

7. Re: SHEP WOOLEY RADAR PLOT RATINGS

Right, that Shep Wooley can stick his guitar up his arse, my right arm has a RP badge on it and I'm not in the gays.

And whilst I'm on the subject, I know what would sort out all these so-called 'lesbians' - a bloody good shagging, that's what.

8. Re: SHEP WOOLEY RADAR PLOT RATINGS

I note that there seems to be a central theme to percy's posts,namely homosexuality.Are you a homophobe,or just after a sly date(not that i am offering).Maybe RP's can operate the Gaydar better than other rates????

9. Re: SHEP WOOLEY RADAR PLOT RATINGS

Well before anyone asks, especially Geoffrey, I'm NOT Percy. :lol:

10. Re: SHEP WOOLEY RADAR PLOT RATINGS

PMSL,never doubted it for a moment Shippers! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. Re: SHEP WOOLEY RADAR PLOT RATINGS

Well if you’re not Percy why does he sound more like you than you do?

12. Re: SHEP WOOLEY RADAR PLOT RATINGS

That's a good question UA, for which I can supply no answer. It's a bit disturbing actually... :? :roll:

I've only met Shep once or twice, I recall, the last ocassion when he made a comment about me traipsing through the middle of one of his shows wearing my haversack and holding a pint, but that was in RNA Uxbridge yonks ago.

Steve.

13. Re: SHEP WOOLEY RADAR PLOT RATINGS

Percy, you seem very interested in Gays, why? Are or were you a WE.
    Shep Wooley is totally crap so if any establishment is thinking of booking him for an event then please don’t. If you want a second opinion on this then contact the social sec at Collingwood or Northwood.
    I still have my ‘Hand Bag’ from Dryad….

14. Re: SHEP WOOLEY RADAR PLOT RATINGS

Load of Bollocks. one the ratings in our branch was a hard,boxing bastard all through his career. It wasn't until he was caught "midnight flute playing" in the PO's mess at Portland that anyone knew he was gay(PC)
    RoofRat

15. Re: SHEP WOOLEY RADAR PLOT RATINGS

Or a musician!

16. Re: SHEP WOOLEY RADAR PLOT RATINGS

Sounds interesting? I haven't come across that term before. I never realised that the consensual, mutual playing, of wind instruments was banished in the mob! 8O

Learn something new ever day....

17. Re: SHEP WOOLEY RADAR PLOT RATINGS

Shep Wooley was not even in the mob 30 years ago. I joined up in 76 and saw him at the Bar in the Mercury Club and he'd been outside for ages even then !!!!

18. Re: SHEP WOOLEY RADAR PLOT RATINGS

AAC, the midnight flute he was playing was a One eyed Piccolo :wink:
    RoofRat

19. Re: SHEP WOOLEY RADAR PLOT RATINGS

:oops: Maybe he was just teaching someone to manually inflate their lifejacket, in bed? After all, imom's told us all about it in an earlier post. :lol:

20. Re: SHEP WOOLEY RADAR PLOT RATINGS

Shep 'retired' in 1975, though he maintained, and still does maintain, links with the mob.
    :)