Sailmaker's Forms (benches)

frayedknotarts

Badgeman
I've a friend who wants to make an authentic sailmaker's form and while I can do him a 'basic' plan from scratch, I would rather check my mental dimensions first by seeing if anyone has a picture of an old sailmaker's setup or knows of a book wherein there is a plan for a form.

While length, width and height are all pretty standard as are support methods, the Devil is in the details.... the "kitchen" for the tools, any under-bench "closes", and the 'distaff' where one attaches the bench-hook especially seem to be totally arbitrary.

Any information, pictures, book references, even a sketch, would be appreciated.

(And yes, this will make it's way onto the tutorials pages when done.)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Human Rights Council 45: Statement for Item 9 General Debate on racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related forms of intolerance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Crime news: updated Crown Court fee guidance and new claim forms MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: statement for the Interactive Dialogue with the Special Rapporteur on Contemporary forms of Slavery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Paper based fee bearing forms are changing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 44: Interactive Dialogue with the SR on Contemporary Forms of Racism MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Attestation forms for travel to and within France MoD News 0
MoD_RSS South Sudanese Government Forms Cabinet: Troika Statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New national application forms to apply for, change or renew a marketing authorisation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 42 - General Comment: Contemporary Forms of Slavery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 42nd Human Rights Council - UK statement for Clustered ID with SR on Contemporary forms of Slavery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Threat level system updated to include all forms of terrorism MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Crime news: upgraded digital claim forms CA1 and DC01 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Crime news: court appointee and defence cost order claim forms MoD News 0
S Forms Handed In Joining the Royal Navy 4
S Medical Forms Joining the Royal Navy 3
S Just completed rfa application forms whats next ??? RFA 2
J Help - eye sight forms Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
C Supplementary Application forms? RFA 2
B RFA recruitment Forms RFA 0
S Forgot to put things on medical forms... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
H Forms to bring for recruting test (102 and 493)? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
T Expenses forms RFA 5
H Medical Forms Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
E AFCO Form 104a (AIB Forms) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
O Messed up my forms. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
K Security forms? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 25
B Medical Officer Cadetship Forms! HELP! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Diarrhea – Forms and Cures The Gash Barge 7
B Security Clearance Forms Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
F AFCO - Handing in application forms without NHS Number? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
F Already SC cleared... do I need to do the forms again? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
J Delayed reply of medical/application forms. The Fleet Air Arm 14
B security check and eye test forms Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
I waiting time from sending off AIB forms to AIB date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
T Replacement Application Forms Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
T Application forms The Corps 1