Safe Deck Hand course.

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
The ones I used to attend frequently involved ensuring you could shuffle the pack properly and could spot someone dealing from the bottom! :)

its a particularly baws course, involving:
lots of stand easys, (as per RNR standing orders)
how to tie knots,
how to fake down a rope and tie up on a bollard,
a run through of a lot of things you did on your two week basic(putting on the intrepid, entering a service boat, rescue from water)
All in all a course that could, easily be covered in a weekend

C

cúnt

It's a course to ensure you remain undeployable for longer. Do yourself a favour, join the TA, do a course, then go on tour.

Apologies. I meant to say i got my hampton caught.
I think it's the nylon zips, they are much faster than the old metal ones and need considerably more operator care - I am concerned that with the recent announcements on reducing the stringent (some may say obsessive) precautions under Health & Safety at Work legislation by the Coalition Government that more accidents of this nature may occur.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I think it's the nylon zips, they are much faster than the old metal ones...
Probably the only thing with teeth that's been anywhere near Blackrat's crotch since Uncle Freddy came round to babysit. And when I say "Uncle" I mean "friend of Granddad". and when I say "babysit" I mean "touch, in his special place".

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Probably the only thing with teeth that's been anywhere near Blackrat's crotch since Uncle Freddy came round to babysit. And when I say "Uncle" I mean "friend of Granddad". and when I say "babysit" I mean "touch, in his special place".
That was said in confidence. That's the last time i inform for you peeg.