Saddam 'had no link to al-Qaeda'

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by SILVER_FOX, Sep 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Interesting story on the BBC News website. Starts with:

There is no evidence of formal links between Iraqi ex-leader Saddam Hussein and Al-Qaeda leaders prior to the 2003 war, a US Senate report says.

Whatever his ties with Al Q (or not), can't see why they just didn't say that he was a murdering tyrant and needed to be taken down should have done it first time round). Oh yeah, that's right - because of the liberals! Same liberals who ranted on about the travesty of so many Iraqis being slaughtered by Saddam before intervention & now complaining about how we're making the situation worse by staying there.

Can we now look forward to a full pardon for him, compensation for the inconvenience and offer him asylum with large house and benefits in Kensington?

Whole story is at: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5328592.stm

Dammed if you and dammed if you don't.

SF

2. I'm in total agreement with you Foxy.
    RoofRat

3. Probably because the question would be asked why we don't "unseat" all the other non-democratic tyrannical regimes - Zimbabwe and half of Africa, most of the Middle East, China, Myanamar/Burma, Pakistan, South and Central America etc etc.

WMD/Al Q were just an excuse for George W and Rumsfeld to go into Iraq and finish off the job that George Snr shied away from - the idea was in place long before 9/11.

Not saying that we shouldn't have gone in there as he was a bit of a cnut, but why not get rid of Mugabe too?

4. yeah agreed guys, lots of places are run by unsavory characters but, thank god, we're not being told to go and clean them up (just yet, give it time).........

5. Well if thats the reason, we really should go and sort out the hundreds of other countries that have tyranical leaders, or take a stronger position on Israel and its attack on Lebanon sorry I mean Hesbolah!
    Its great how our government subtley ignore all the other countries around the world that have no money or power or natural resources, and yet still thousands die around the world needlessly.
    We should either look after our own soldiers, sailors and airmen and let the USA police the world (although I'd be worried about the civilians if we did that), or have such double standards in politics and ignore the UN (if it ever did anything useful)!

PS Sorry for the rant, but world politics is so frustrating!

6. Sadman was'nt connected to Bin Liner? No fcuking sh1t, Sherlock! The dogs in the street could have told you that. As for WMD's...anyone who believed Saddam had them probably still beleves in Santa.
    Ths Shaved Chimp invaded Iraq for money, oil and the chance to finish what is Daddy started. It had fcuk all to do with the War on Terror - in fact, by geting bogged down in Iraq, Shurb gave the Talibunney's an invaluable breathing space to regroup. And British service men and women are now paying the blood price for that.
    Thanks, George.
    We invaded to save the Iraqi people? Don't make me laugh. If saving people from oppressive regimes was a valid reason for going to war, we would be fighing the Chinese PLA in Tibet right now.
    I'd better watch what I'm saying - I don't want to give Blair an idea about going out with a bang...

7. I feel you words re China may become prophetic.I just hope when it does kick off,im 6 feet under!

8. I have worked in China for the last 6 years, trust me, they don'r want any military conflict, they are very happy to make love to us roughly from behind commercially....also some of the biggest investors in the US and UK, a bit like the Saudi's....you didn't see the US attack Saudi when most of the 9/11 attackers and Bin Liner were citizens of that fine democratic country....

All the Chinese would need to do to bring the west to their knees , is take their money out....same with the Saudi's

Money = Power..

9. Sadaam had no links to AQ? And this is actually considered news? There are actually people out there who think he did? They'll be telling us they was never any evidence of his having WMD next.

Oh, hang on....

10. Even Dubya admitted , when asked in a recent press conference, what 9/11 and AQ had to do with Saddam...he replied "nuthin!" Really is old news and nobody realy believes it any more.

Sadly the irony is , under Saddam, AQ had no chance of establishing themselves in Iraq....but now the hateful man is no more, they have!