Sad, sad day.

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by frogman007, May 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sad, sad day. RIP MB

A serving oppo and good mate last night lost his battle with cancer. RIP mate I will add a dit when the world knows, though I know all of said branch knows. The term legend is banded about far too much but this man was a living one. Sad and fucked off. Dum Spiro Spero

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Sorry to hear the news Frogs, my condolences also.

3. Ditto the above.

4. Cheers men. Don't do pink and fluffy, but today I'm really hacked off. I'm sure you'll see in the NN's who it is. Those that knew him knew he was an amazing man.

When on selection the DS tried leaving him behind so he just sat on their shoulders smiling. Obscenely fit man. Unfair.

5. Sad news. Sorry to hear about this, Frogman.

6. Chin up oppo. Comizzers.

7. Always a tragic and heart rending episode. Best to dwell on the good memories. All the best Froggers and RIP your oppo.

8. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Condolences to family and friends.

9. AAF

AAF Badgeman

Sad news froggers, condolences to family and friends.

10. Commiserations and condolences froggers.

11. Condolences to his family, friends and your self Frogers

12. RIP. Sorry to hear that Froggers. Condolences to family and friends.

13. Sorry to hear that Froggers

14. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It's never good when we lose close muckers. I've been there mate and offer my condolences. Keep smiling though, it's what they would have wanted.

15. So sorry to hear your sad news Froggy. Remember the good times, remember the laughter.

Sincere condolences to family and friends.

Sweetpea.

16. Sad news indeed. RIP to the chap and thoughts with his family and you and his other oppos.

17. Many thanks for all the comments. As you may have gathered after 2000 posts I don't do all the cuddly stuff. However yesterday was a hammer blow as stupidly we thought he may pull through. Also sad as I'm offshore and might not make the funeral.

His family are all fully aware now so if you ever met a PO(D) called Mick Brady you are richer for the experience. Trust me.

18. Sorry for your loss Froggers, raising a tot to your oppo.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thoughts are with family and friends

20. Know how you feel, Froggers.

Just a wee suggestion - A handwritten letter to his wife & family will help to get across aspects of your friend's life which they may not have been aware of. It also lets them know how much others are missing him and grieving, too.

It'll be a hard letter to start I can tell you - But once you knuckle down & get cracking on it I'm sure it'll just flow naturally from the heart; plus it will be much more valued by those left behind than yet another condolence card.

Try it, please?

(Uncle) Bob

• Like Like x 1