Sad Films,

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by NorwayChris, Sep 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Come on you roughy toughys which film has had your eyes watering and given you a lump in your throat,my`n was Forrest Gump,it was the bit where he finds out he is a father and she tells him that the kid has above average intelligence,sniff sniff sniff :cry: :cry:

2. Pearl Harbor - Bloody well has me in tears every single time. (Cos of the love/death thing, not the fact those Japs destroyed the US ships mind!)

3. Shindlers List did it for me. the girl in red, welling up... :cry:

BTY the chef on board said "it's an ok film but a bit far fetched" cue stunned silence form all in the mess. :dontknow:

4. Nah, all the above are too slow to make the tears flow,
    What you need is a dose of "All good dogs go to Heaven"

I blubbered so much it was like the focsul on the Titanic. :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry:

5. Agree with you there shipmate,i also welled up especially when he (Schindler) breaks down cos he thinks he could have saved more jews, :cry: :cry:

6. Casablanca, when the French customers in Rick's bar sing La Marseillaise to silence the german. Best national anthem in the world.

7. 'A Little Princess' when her dad comes back from the trenches of Flanders with a head injury and doesn't remember her... and she's screaming and crying and her dad calls her a stranger and tells her to go away as she's hysterical.

Mind you, I was eight when I saw it.

8. Oh absolutely and he calls "SAAAARAH" when he remembers! I was about 7 when I saw that in cinema and cried for days! Still do if ever my little sis watches it.

9. It wasn't true....its not in colour 8O :roll: :wink:

10. Those boarding school teachers were b*stards though. I used to tell my little sister that she'd be sent away and get beaten for not knowing her 8-times-table. After I'd stopped crying from watching the damn ending of course... :oops:

11. Did anyone see "A day on the beach"? The world post nuclear explosion.
    with an American submarine. Australia is one of the last inhabited countries, but the contamination is blowing there too.
    Remember when I watched it I thought that it should be made compulsory for all politicians in every country to view it.

12. King Dong...when that black fella stuck his trunk up that womans chuff, it made my eyes water never mind hers 8O

13. To me it has to be On the Beach 1959.

After a nuclear war, Australia is the last inhabitable place on Earth until the radiation comes.
    It follows the journey of a submarine as it makes it's way home to die.

This is the end scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upg2eqNbF3w&feature=related

14. Many thanks thats the one.. A lasting impression :cry:

15. The Green Mile always gets me :sad2:

16. Me too, also "Taking Chance" is a good one

17. I remember the first time I saw "Debbie does Dallas", it brought a tear to my Jap's eye.

18. Borstal boy!!

Rocky 3 (when micky dies )

sixteen

passion of christ

green mile

loads I'm a big fcuking tart!!!

19. I've known a few girls who've cried at films, but other than that can't really contribute much.