Sacre Bleu! Frenchmen above the law?

Last year, summer time, Mrs M and I were travelling South on National Express coaches. Approaching Heathrow, (from Victoria), there was a noticable taint of cigarette smoke in the air. At Heathrow the driver ambles to the back of the coach and returns clutching the collar of a youngish lad who he propels off the coach, returning to eject the other three and all their luggage, then stands in the doorway until departure, barring re-entry. As we backed out of the bay we could all see four somewhat disconsolate lads trying, without success, to extract some sympathy from an airport policeman. Driver then gives his "seat belt and safety spiel", finishing with --- "and may I please remind all customers that it is an offence to smoke on a National Express coach - even if you ARE French.

They were evidently bound for Yeovil, which is a long trek from Heathrow if you've just lost your coach seat at 1700!

2BM

Last year, summer time, Mrs M and I were travelling South on National Express coaches. Approaching Heathrow, (from Victoria), there was a noticable taint of cigarette smoke in the air. At Heathrow the driver ambles to the back of the coach and returns clutching the collar of a youngish lad who he propels off the coach, returning to eject the other three and all their luggage, then stands in the doorway until departure, barring re-entry. As we backed out of the bay we could all see four somewhat disconsolate lads trying, without success, to extract some sympathy from an airport policeman. Driver then gives his "seat belt and safety spiel", finishing with --- "and may I please remind all customers that it is an offence to smoke on a National Express coach - even if you ARE French.

They were evidently bound for Yeovil, which is a long trek from Heathrow if you've just lost your coach seat at 1700!

2BM
Sweet.:grin:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
trelawney126 The Gash Barge 0
golden_rivet Social & Reunions 0
bigbaddog The Gash Barge 2