sacked

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by soggykitkat, Feb 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. got the sack from a well know supermarket yesterday,
    as i was working on the wines and spirit counter a paki came up and asked if i could recommend a good port - i said "dover now **** off"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

got barred from B&Q today, not my fault though, some bloke in the orange apron asked me if i wanted decking - so i got the first punch in

2. racism and a shit joke in one thread... good effort

4. I don't find it offensive and I even had the temerity to laugh too.

5. Ditto...and for those with a PC broom handle up there arse...get over yourself, cause nobody gives a feck, you sad bastards!

6. Playing the racist card in a vain attempt to appear superior.

7. sorry if you find it offensive murph
    but i suppose i cant please everyone all of the time,
    especially if they are part of the moronic PC brigade that has ruined this once great country.

maybe i should go and sing "baa baa black sheep" to my daughter.....would that be okay ?

9. I don't know what's worse.

The shitness of the joke or the mlaaring "moronic PC brigade once great country" mini-rant.

Racist jokes are funny. Unless they are ******* crap like this one.

10. Monty
    I don't believe that Racial jokes are racist, to believe thatyou also have to believe that blonde jokes are sexist as are female jokes, poofter jokes are homophobic and fat jokes are fattist or whatever the expression should be.
    I believe ALL jokes are good so long as they are told without malice.
    In the late 60s we had a black leading hand at Daedalus, I wont give his name but his initials were Sam Walker, now if you could tell sam a black joke that he hadn't heard it made his day, however we had anothe black LH who played the racist card at every opportunity.
    So all jokes are funny but try not to hurt people.

11. It made his day? Christ, he was easlily entertained wasn't he?

How could the above 'joke' be told in a way that isn't offensive?

12. There was a black killick stoker on one of the diesel boats, Snowy £$%& IIRC,he was going forward for scran and there was already three lads waiting outside the galley,Snowy walked straight to the front of the line,on being asked why,he replied thats the line for the white man this is the line for the black man, and I am at the front of it! Cue stunned silence then laughter all round! Top bloke,never served with him but knew him in passing. Got another dit like that about a CPO as well if anyone is interested and that was on a diesel boat as well.

13. Perhaps if it was told by my Sikh neighbour I might have chuckled. And then called him a racist shit.

14. Quick point of debate. Substitute the word "Paki" in that joke for "Nigger" and does it remain funny and inoffensive?

15. Monty
    The N word is banned in the UK, however why is it that so many of the black dudes continue to use it amongst themselves if they find it so offensive?

Following on:
    I still find the scene in Blazzing Saddles where the black sheriff holds a gun to his head and says "One move and the nigger gets it" or something along those lines hilarious.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  16. The late, great Richard Pryor co-wrote the script with M.Brooks.

17. Yesterday 18:00
    Montigny-La-Palisse
    [​IMG] Originally Posted by slim [​IMG]
    Monty
    I don't believe that Racial jokes are racist, to believe thatyou also have to believe that blonde jokes are sexist as are female jokes, poofter jokes are homophobic and fat jokes are fattist or whatever the expression should be.
    I believe ALL jokes are good so long as they are told without malice.
    In the late 60s we had a black leading hand at Daedalus, I wont give his name but his initials were Sam Walker, now if you could tell sam a black joke that he hadn't heard it made his day, however we had anothe black LH who played the racist card at every opportunity.
    So all jokes are funny but try not to hurt people.

Quick point of debate. Substitute the word "Paki" in that joke for "Nigger" and does it remain funny and inoffensive?

if its the word that upsets you then lets change it to "polish or maybe french" maybe paki was the wrong word but it was just meant to give the impression of someone that was not english coming into england
    and before the PC brigade get on their high horse again maybe i should change that to "not british coming into britain" dont suppose it matters what i change it to you will always get someone whinging about it

18. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It was not necessarily offensive because it was racist, but because it was a shite joke. And I should know, as I am an international purveyor of shite jokes... :oops:

19. To be honest some racist jokes are funny but only when they have a connotation in them. This joke doesn't. Using the word Paki in this joke was completely pointless as their was no racial connotation. So why put it in there?

Racist jokes I can stand and sometimes are quite funny but not when it is just pointless use of derogatory words.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  20. Soggy I didn't really find it offensive. Im from an ethnic minority......Im and Englishman living in Bradford.
    My sarcasim must not of come across very well when I suggested Sickepeida :). I trawl that site day to day.

Edit : Was a shite joke aswell :p