SA80 training at Raliegh

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by dannyboy1234, May 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can you wear glasses? because iv just been on my RNAC and i couldnt even see the white box.

2. thank you.

3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

It is true you know, that saying about matelots and guns, fcuking scary you lot.

4. Three truisms; never trust a matelot with a gun, never trust an officer with a map and given a choice a booty will always rather have a chunky watch instead of a brain.

5. Can't all be bad, I grew up with a savage magnum 12 ga. and 10-round .22 and am really looking forward to getting to grips with the SA80 :D

6. I shall refrain from using my pencil & somewhat compromised pantaloons for last-minute barrel cleans :tard: :lol:

Jeez, I remember, now you mention cleaning, that the old .22 would frequently jam from lead deposits in the magazine.. I can only assume the ancient ammunition was oxidising in the packet over the last few years and leaving it's sooty muck in what was once a nice clean gun, NOT a poster candidate for weapon maintenance/safety this one :(