SA80 training at Raliegh

wet_blobby said:
It is true you know, that saying about matelots and guns, fcuking scary you lot.
Three truisms; never trust a matelot with a gun, never trust an officer with a map and given a choice a booty will always rather have a chunky watch instead of a brain.

wet_blobby said:
It is true you know, that saying about matelots and guns, fcuking scary you lot.
Can't all be bad, I grew up with a savage magnum 12 ga. and 10-round .22 and am really looking forward to getting to grips with the SA80 :D

StixJimboRM said:
R077 said:
wet_blobby said:
Can't all be bad, I grew up with a savage magnum 12 ga. and 10-round .22 and am really looking forward to getting to grips with the SA80 :D
Just make sure it's very clean when you have finished with it!!
I shall refrain from using my pencil & somewhat compromised pantaloons for last-minute barrel cleans :tard: :lol:

Jeez, I remember, now you mention cleaning, that the old .22 would frequently jam from lead deposits in the magazine.. I can only assume the ancient ammunition was oxidising in the packet over the last few years and leaving it's sooty muck in what was once a nice clean gun, NOT a poster candidate for weapon maintenance/safety this one :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
Gutaway The Corps 55
C The Corps 52