SA 80 a question

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by wet_blobby, Apr 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

When the original heap of shite was done up into the weapon of today did anyone sort out the LSW's legs, or do they still just swing out because the retaining thingys are crap?

2. They don't tend to come out on their own but the actual legs still extend all by themselves due to some form of black magic.

3. I remember the armour at 40 commando customised the LSW it looked the b*****ks but could not fire it as the powers that be did not allow him even though members of recce tp and BPT wanted to try it out. He replaced the legs for L96 and replaced the SUSAT for AGOG sights and made some other adjustments.

4. I remember the armour at 40 commando customised the LSW it looked the b*****ks but could not fire it as the powers that be did not allow him even though members of recce tp and BPT wanted to try it out. He replaced the legs for L96 and replaced the SUSAT for AGOG sights and made some other adjustments.

5. wet_blobby

I'd forgotten about the legs extending all on there own, every sodding time you'd use them or not.

6. Yes they still swing back and forth occasionally making clicking noises. Brilliant on CTRs.

7. If I could have any X-Man power I wanted I'd choose the ability to change all SA80's overnight to left handed versions of the weapon and FORCE all rioght handed people to fire it from their weaker shoulder and eye. Just so they know how left eye domminant and left handed people have to go on. It would be interesting to see if, after unleashing my power on all SA80s if the MOD would replace the weapons or just continue using them? They seem to not give a f'uck about left handed people so maybe they might say "f'uck you!" to the righties too?

Seems prejudice and discrimination is still at large in the forces ... even today.

8. wet_blobby

Left handed.....go on tell us, your a gwaar as well arn't you nails, got a cleft lip and a lisp as well?