S.N.L.R & Pension

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by MJ74, Jul 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was discharged S.N.L.R in 1999, not for drugs or violence etc, but I was in a bad place and my D.O said he could get me out quick without having to wait the 18 months it was back then for notice. He basically said that I had "x" amount of debt and wasn't willing to pay it until I was discharged from the Navy. I've now been informed by an ex-forces "friend" that if you were discharged S.N.L.R that you are not entitled to a pension when you reach 60. Could anyone verify if this is true or not please.
  2. S.N.L.R & Pension

Have you looked at the SPVA website?
  3. Would like to think that they cannot touch your pension!!!! As I know the pension for those Officers jailed for fiddling the children's education expenses. Were left untouched, when they received there jail sentences isc
  4. You sure it was SNLR and not 'Shore'? There's a big difference.
  5. hackle

hackle Badgeman Moderator

Assuming you served for at least 2 years before leaving in 1999, early discharge does not affect your entitlement to a preserved pension from age 60 based on the years that you served.

As others have said, contact the SPVA/Veterans UK for the answer applicable to your case. Veterans-UK Consider joining and consulting Forces Pension Society if you meet a problem.