S.N.L.R & Pension

I was discharged S.N.L.R in 1999, not for drugs or violence etc, but I was in a bad place and my D.O said he could get me out quick without having to wait the 18 months it was back then for notice. He basically said that I had "x" amount of debt and wasn't willing to pay it until I was discharged from the Navy. I've now been informed by an ex-forces "friend" that if you were discharged S.N.L.R that you are not entitled to a pension when you reach 60. Could anyone verify if this is true or not please.

Would like to think that they cannot touch your pension!!!! As I know the pension for those Officers jailed for fiddling the children's education expenses. Were left untouched, when they received there jail sentences isc

hackle

Lantern Swinger
Assuming you served for at least 2 years before leaving in 1999, early discharge does not affect your entitlement to a preserved pension from age 60 based on the years that you served.

As others have said, contact the SPVA/Veterans UK for the answer applicable to your case. Veterans-UK Consider joining and consulting Forces Pension Society if you meet a problem.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Geoff_Wessex Bases / Shore Est 21
B The Corps 12
M Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 19