S Korean Naval Sinking..............North Korea to Blame

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Scouse_Castaway, May 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia_pacific/10131683.stm

Apparently its looking very likely it actually was the belligerant buggers from up north. Wonder whats gonna happen next.

Apparently the cowboy loving crackpots in the North Korean Govt are promising all-out war in response to them being blamed :roll:

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

3. The more worrying is the ********* in China. Why isn't action taken against them. They supply Iran and other unfriendly nations with weapons and the means to make them and oppose everything the west tries to do and will never condemn any acts of aggression against the west.
    They are taking over the world in manufacturing and our greed for consumer products is allowing it to happen.

4. I agree with Sgt Pepper on the i told you so bit. I was convinced they sank that ship from the word go. Tricky little bastards. This is gonna become nasty i guess. The north is getting more and more out of hand and china keep supporting them by never criticisng them or urging them to stop.

5. Couldn't have been any one else in the frame could there?

6. North Korea will starve if they start a war.

7. Only if they p155 the Chinese off.

8. They're starving already. They're poor as shit!

9. Kim Jong Il was in China last week, a deal perhaps?

10. Nothing nay nothing will come of this. We have a well practiced habit of ignoring North Korea for the sake of avoiding all out war. Call me a bluff old traditionalist, but I'm kind of ok with that, up to a point.

11. They don't criticise them in public but we don't actually know what goes on behind the scenes.

I cannot for one moment believe that China would willingly see (or be drawn into) a shooting war between N & S Korea - it is in no-one's interests, least of all a China that is seeing strong economic growth, improving trading relationships and greater "flexibility" wrt human rights issues by western nations not ready to upset the applecart yet.

12. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

The Yanks have packed a bit of a sad over this, the yanks and chinks have recently become best buddies. Global trade is far more important between China and the USA than some slopes arguing over some demarcation line stuck in the 50's.

Expect a bit of good old fashion slapping and bitching with a few bangs but china ain't going to get involved.

13. To get a better more local picture you guys should Google the local HK rag www.scmp.com or just The South China Morning Post.

14. I just don't get why China and N Korea are such assholes? Is it because they want someone to paint their back porches white, but are too afraid to ask?