S Korea ship raised.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Stirling, Apr 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. North Korean Torpedo? lol

or Just some stereotypical stoker prank gone vastly awry

2. Not in my day :)

3. Hehe. Its always gonna be a case of the finger pointing at the N Koreans initially. due to the usual belligerance of said country and its crackpot leader but as to the truth, hopefully we shall know soon.

4. Thats a big crane!

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

6. If it turns out they did sink it then thats definately a major problem. Last thing world needs is that shitstorm kicking off again. We'd have to dust off deano and jim shortt and send them to deal with them.

7. Forget the language difficulties on the web page (unless you are an expert in Yingtingiddleipo) there are some great piccies of the damage: Linky

8. As a resident of Seoul, and an ex-TASI to boot, I am particularly interested in this event. There are some really odd circumstances surrounding the sinking and, let's face it, every politician on the Korean peninsula has a deeply vested interest. It is, therefore, virtually impossible for the ordinary Joe in the street to know what actually happened.
    What I would like to know from the outset is this: we have been told that the sinking has been investigated by a multi-national team of naval experts, and that the team members were unanimous in their conclusion that it wuz the North wot dun it. Countries represented on the team are said to include South Korea itself, the US, Australia, and the UK. Does anyone know if, in fact, the RN was represented and, if so, who were the individuals concerned? Maybe one or more of you guys was involved?

9. But highly plausible - and bound to lead to a heap of conspiracy theories along the lines of it being a deliberate act (rather than the more likely FUBAR by the USN) to try to wean blind and stalwart Chinese support off N Korea.

This could run and run - I had better stock up on popcorn and Pepsi

10. Obviously the president who ordered the bombing of the trade center is still enjoying killing.

What crap these sites are.

11. is it just me or is there something different about this ship?? Just cant see what it is??

12. Yea - it's only half there.