Russian Submarine B159

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by BillyNoMates, Nov 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Come on Billy, give us some more gen, like how did it get down there, and how long has it been there, any attempts to raise it etc.

Interesting to see what can be done with sonar.

2. Click on the link at the bottom of the post.
    ^_^;

3. I'm at sat before my MoD supplied computer which won't let me use it. Will try at home tonight.

4. nice bit of kit that...really clear image almost like a real phot.

5. Your MOD supplied computer won't let you visit the MOD website! Sounds about right doesn't it?

6. So that's how bats see stuff.

And if Daredevil is anything to go by, blind humans aswell.

7. impressive stuff.

8. I wish this technology could be used to find and examine some of the lost boats from WW2.It would certainly help to find out what was the cause of their loss.

9. Removed as this doesn't sound very open source to me! - Bad CO

10. No probs with my MoD supplied piece of hardware!!!!

Me thinks you may need to waffle a tad harder to your IM manager!

11. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Amazing pics, I had no idea sonar had come this far. Let's remember that looking for WW2 wrecks (which may well be necessary where deeper channels are dcommercially required) is also looking at GRAVES. However using this kit to evaluate cause of loss may be instructive and perhaps helpful to families, also id'ing wrecks where we don't precisely know which ship went down where.

12. Very interesting to see that the Russians have allowed the use of a NATO Research Vessel to be used in the survey.

SF

13. Two of the submarine VC holders from WW2 were both lost on their last patrols- reason and position unknown.From an historical point of view it would be interesting to know where and why they were lost.

14. Quit right too.
    Me and my big mouth.
    I will practice much tighter self censorship next time.
    Many apologies.

15. No problems at all and cheers for acknowledging it......