Russian Mistral Ships delivery delayed / cancelled

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Paddingtonbear, Sep 5, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Replace 9 hotel vodka store with multicultural/multi faith dogging room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. They're 'ice strengthened' hulls apparently, so perfect for the coming battle for Antarctic resources!

In all seriousness, I think they're likely to be very basic, command system wise, and very tailored to the customer, and lacking some of the refinement of the French version, so they'll probably only be good for the Russians. Wouldn't be surprised if India ended up with them though.
  3. They may even resume the delivery. It will be interesting to see if there is any desire from the government to replace OCEAN. She's done a great job for very little money.

Recently noted that the Yanks are using a converted POINT class as an Aux carrier.
  4. Be one gucci ice breaker for use down there, might come in handy in the Arctic however.
  5. No, I meant Antarctic. Before the middle of this century, the Antarctic will be exploited for its resources. The Treaty is up for renewal soon, and I doubt China will sign it for one. There are masses of potential energy and mineral sources there.