runs ashore on T boats

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by ET(MESM)whogivesafeck, Aug 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i'm joining turbulent mid September and just wondering what fleet subs are like for runs ashore

2. Depends on where they're deployed to. Look through past copies of Skimmers Monthly (aka Navy News) to see some of the places they go to.

3. I did

Bayonne
    Lubeck
    Helsinki
    Hargursund
    Bergen X 3
    Lorient X 2
    Le Harve
    Dan Helder
    Port Talbot
    Newcastle
    Dundee
    Falmouth
    Arrochar
    Inverary
    Campbell Town
    Plymouth
    Portsmouth
    Chatham
    Faslane
    Londonderry/Derry
    Belfast
    Rothesay
    Brodick
    Lamlash

All in 18 months all on a T Boat

Nutty

4. If the same restristions to previous SSNs still apply, your runs may include (outside UK Naval ports)
    Cardiff
    Southampton
    Liverpool
    Gib
    La Spezia
    Naples
    Bremerhaven
    Hamburg
    Haakonsvern/Bergen
    This covers up to 1979, there may have been others since then that I'm not aware of - anyone more up to date ??

5. Faslane for 'change of base port'?

6. Had a run ashore in Turbs in Gib a few years back. Absolutely awesome.

7. Brest & Den Helder too

8. If you are very lucky you may get to Andros(Autec).

9. East of Suez if you're lucky. Diego Garcia, Singapore etc. Oh and lots of Faslamabad. And remember to keep your reciepts!..

10. Sumarines are either submarines or boats or SSN's SSBN's or (rip) SSK's.
    They can also be called T boats, S boats, V boats and now A boats, fleet boats or bombers OR the Yank bastardized boomers or fast attacks

They are not called F*%$&*G..............SUBS!

Calling them SUBS shows a lack of understanding of the subject and a lack of time done on the black pigs....you can also call them that if you like!

This smally rant of mine might appear pedantic. But really it's because I'm a grumpy old man and have got nothing better to do with my time than get anti with peolple being lazy and slipping into tabloid newspaper mode.

I hope you get loads of jollies however......is New London still an operational submarine base?

11. r u a subby then seljuk

12. Am not a submariner but don't believe that 'T' Boats go E of Suez for reasons I won't go into on here.

13. Chaz - you're wrong. For reasons i won't go in to on here...

14. Fair enough, I was on a T boat trip last year and had it explained to me by the 1st LT. Obviously he was wrong. When did the last one go E of Suez?

15. ...and did i mention Faslane for D/RAMPs?

16. back on subject then you do get some good jollys on Tboats then

17. Yes - Faslane. Oh, and maybe Coulport.

18. Once a T-Boat enters the faslane triangle it never leaves.. something to do do with space/time continuem.. and jollies lately have been cack for most boats.. just hope for AUTEC/ States running or as mentioned previously east of suez..but matelots being matelots wherever you go you can make a decent run of it..except for Brest..which is shite