Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Runs ashore and the submarine service

Used to have good runs on Rothesay (one year I was actually on HMS Rothesay) - do they still do the perisher training there ?

Went out on a sub (Ocelot, Oberon ?) a couple of times so the sundodging jack dusties could have a day of luxury and chinese laundering

Had a REALLY good night after sneaking onto the Waverley one night - is Lena Zararoni's chip shop still there ?
The chip shop was still there in the late 80's and perishers are still run up there, my last boat stuck the nut on Fladda-chuain and ended up somewhat bent and battered doing perisher running.

Used to have good runs on Rothesay (one year I was actually on HMS Rothesay) - do they still do the perisher training there ?

Went out on a sub (Ocelot, Oberon ?) a couple of times so the sundodging jack dusties could have a day of luxury and chinese laundering

Had a REALLY good night after sneaking onto the Waverley one night - is Lena Zararoni's chip shop still there ?
Yep, Zavaroni's is still going! So is Waverley, but only just! She had to get the boilers replaced and I think she is undergoing sea trials/acceptance about now.

You might just get to go here :

I did a ten week loan draft there.
Ten weeks! In the Bahamas!
For free!
Also had to suffer weeks ashore , in the Yank naval base, and paid subbies to live in their accommodation, such an hardship. out of bed, eat then down to beach bar, after evening scran into there night drinking hole 1000fathoms club? if my mind is working as it was to full of duty free rum at the time?

Also had to suffer weeks ashore , in the Yank naval base, and paid subbies to live in their accommodation, such an hardship. out of bed, eat then down to beach bar, after evening scran into there night drinking hole 1000fathoms club? if my mind is working as it was to full of duty free rum at the time?

The T. F. C.
Gawd.....I'm having flashbacks.
Also - every Sunday, my job was to ram raid the PX for alcohol/cigs, get my arse to the helo pad and get in a US chopper for a mad suicidal flight to Nassau to deliver said contraband to BritNavAt/RNLO who'd be waiting in his motor on the airfield.
Free day in funky Nassau before thundering back to Andros at hundreds of miles an hour ten feet above the clear blue sea.
'Twas the loan draft from heaven.

...... Also used to do night rides round AUTEC base rounding up stray dogs with my American lunatic buddies, and there were lots of packs of feral woof-woofs on base I can tell you.
Humanely put down by the sick bay rangers otherwise the dog population would've gone berserk.

The T. F. C.
Gawd.....I'm having flashbacks.
Also - every Sunday, my job was to ram raid the PX for alcohol/cigs, get my arse to the helo pad and get in a US chopper for a mad suicidal flight to Nassau to deliver said contraband to BritNavAt/RNLO who'd be waiting in his motor on the airfield.
Free day in funky Nassau before thundering back to Andros at hundreds of miles an hour ten feet above the clear blue sea.
'Twas the loan draft from heaven.
I remember a rum and coke, loads of rum splash of coke, coke more expensive than rum. After a few no longer remember?

Latest Threads