Running Speed

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by tornado, Sep 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What speed (MPH) does a walk become run and run become a sprint?
  2. depends on your level of fitness and running ablity. One mans sprint is anothers jog.
  3. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

4. Doesn't really answer your question - however - I found this site which might be useful to some other "lurkers" on here.

The treadmill calculator can tell you what speed (km/h) you need to run at to run the PJFT in whatever time needed. You just enter two sets of information - so the distance you want to run and a time you want to rungit. And if you click on the "Jogging Calculator" you can enter ANY town/city in the world and map a route for running and it will let you know how many miles it is. I have found it useful for planning new places and circular routes to run and time it so I get an accurate result.

5. Thanks, useful site
  6. 12km/h=2.4km in 12 minutes

I'd say yours should be in mph.
  7. You need run the 2.4km run at 8.5mph or more to pass
  8. 7.29 mph -RN

7.29mph then 8.57mph-RM
  9. Walking becomes running when you are moving fast enough for both feet to be off the ground at the same time.
  10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

:? :lol:

11. For me I'd say walk becomes a jog around 6 m/p/h, a jog to a run at 8.5 m/p/h and a run to a sprint around 12 m/p/h.

To be honest sprinting on a treadmill is not ideal, at all.
  12. Excellent Link. I have been after something like this for years.
    In past I had to get my High School calculate out and a big sheet of A4 to work out my "averages" and "split times"! :p
  13. 10 miles in an hour is a good speed.........and I mean 10 miles in an hour :wink: