Wow sorry for trying to be prepared some running machines are different/inaccurate jut tried to get a gauge of times. I'm pretty confident I'll pass but want to get a good time. Cheers for help anyway x
1. Set machine to "SoaS" speed whilst commenting that the fittie near the weights section is single and very friendly. This fittie being of course a plant.
2. Whilst instructor clubs is over speaking to the plant, step off the machine and get some water. Drink some, splash rest generously over yourself.
3. Await machine to indicate you are approaching 1.5miles. I tend to think 1.48 miles is a good indication. Step on and jog a little, only a little though, no need to actually break a sweat.
4. Shout over to the now drooling instructor clubs
5. You are congratulated on completing in 8 minutes. Evidence present:- machine timer, sweat, slight out of breath.
Be warned, my elaborate plan backfires when they then press you into service on a running team or ask you to be a demo for some eager new recruits.
Failing this, why not type into Mr Google or alternatively work it out as I am sure Speed/Distance/Time is a fairly fundamental aspect of what may await you in the future.