Run ashore

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Little_Boy_Blue, Sep 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How often do you get a run ashore when at sea. also which trades get the most free time to go ashore when abroad.

2. I think that it's done on a rota basis.

How often you get to go ashore depends entirely on the deployment.

Anyway, you're alreadt thinking of getting off the boat before youve even got on it? :p

3. Well, runs ashore depend on the ships program.
    The Captain, along with those at Fleet will try to get runs ashore in good places, as often as they can. This isn't always possible.

Everyone gets roughly the same amount of time ashore, running a 1 in 4 system.

4. well one thing I will look forward to if join will be the runs ashore. booze and attempting to wear my bell end away.

5. You dont,unless you like getting wet!!!!!

6. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Walt????????

7. Lots of nice exotic girlies to help you on part 2.

And nice big needles to get rid of the exotic diseases that go with said exotic girlies.

Stick to the bars - it's cheaper.

8. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

And if you're really desparate to get your leg over, in some places (Black Cat Lounge in Oporto rings a distant bell) you can join in with the floor show, but....
    1) see Waspie's warning on needles and exotic diseases,
    2) you'll have your own eating irons due to mess mates being concerned about the possible transmission of said exotic diseases, and
    3) be aware of the effect that the psychological pressure of performing in public can have on your ability to "get it up" - the piss-taking in the mess if you don't perform can and will last weeks :)

9. I thought so at first but looking at previous posts I'm just going for stupid.

10. no contest Wafus :w00t: :thumright:

11. ...that's if you can wake 'em up!! :thumright:

12. Like it :thumright:

13. Wafu's?

Oh, you mean the people that fly on after the ship sails and then fly off before it gets back in?
    [​IMG]

14. thats affirmative :thumright:

15. Who else but the chosen few. :angel7:

16. When you arrive at a foreign port, how many days would you spend there?

If your on deployment for 6 months, how many foreign shores would you visit in that period of time?

17. It varies greatly.

It varies greatly.

18. Agreed ^^^

19. On average, how much?