Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumrat.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
I agree, tell the auld codger to snap out of it before I have a whip round and book him a one way flight with Thomas Cook to Switzerland. When he's on his way to the airport I'll be round his gaff to nick all his booze and shooters.

Fucking malingering sickbay ranger, GET WELL SOON!!!!!

jesse

War Hero
I had a chat with him yesterday afternoon, and sent p.ms to folk he wished all the best. Without breaking any confidences I can say that the old boy is not very well!!!

seafarer1939

War Hero
Tell the young sod that his Dad,still sitting on the same old settee!] wants him to get better and he'll be in the will again!
Also the Diamond Geezers at the Blind Beggar pub are asking after him.
He'll know what it means!
Get well soon.

jesse

War Hero
Also the Diamond Geezers at the Blind Beggar pub are asking after him.
He'll know what it means!
Get well soon.[/QUOTE] I knew the "Diamond Geezers" from the Blind Beggar,I banged 'em up in A and D secure Wings at the Jebb Avenue Hotel. "On me muvvers life guv!

jesse

War Hero
Jesse old chap,could you be a darling and let the old scroat know that he is in my thoughts,thanks very much,
Will do oppo,I've yet to meet him but I hope to remedy that soonest.I left the mob before he joined but we have so much in common,that I wonder if one of our dads has been out of watch in the past. All the best Jesse

BillyNoMates

War Hero
The Rum Ration Rum Rat Ribald Rant Society love you and miss you

UncleAlbert

War Hero
I always thought Steve was a black unmarried with 4 sprogs living in a high rise in Dudley. his naval blurb coming from an on- off relationship (4 times) with an ex stoker dockyard matey off a tank cleaning vessel …then I discovered he was one of them…!!!
namely an SBA…Truth is I have always had a sneaky admiration for scab lifters as they always seem to be brilliant at ukkers…
Manys the time in the sixties on frigates and destroyers we had the doc billeted with us down the stokers mess an he would satisfy our every need …a bottomless pit of medical information and also was always very discrete if anyone needed dusting down……….er..so I’m told….
Anyway Rummers I would like to say ….(please delete if not applicable)

(1) Get well soon
(2) Glad you have made a full recovery
(3) It was nice knowing you…

Now don’t forget you are always welcome to pay us a visit in Gosport …there’s a spare bedroom if you fancy a pissy arse, anchor faced break….but not in the winter as we migrate
and bear in mind it’s cheaper midweek…..

………..

Last edited:

Norway Chris

Badgeman
UncleAlbet,I knew Steve,rumrat,twatface,Dogdick,dogbreath from the Devonshire,he will chuckle at this and i quote

(1) Get well soon
(2) Glad you have made a full recovery
(3) It was nice knowing you…

Now don’t forget you are always welcome to pay us a visit in Gosport …there’s a spare bedroom if you fancy a pissy arse, anchor faced break….but not in the winter as we migrate
and bear in mind it’s cheaper midweek…..

RUMRAT - While you're in town, would you be kind enough to autograph my copy of this thread, please? It's not for me, you understand, but for my great-grandmother.

Welcome back. :)

Accepting that it's probably a bone bloody question but why was the Thread about Rumrat's walkabout chopped?

I drink in Lichfield quite regularly (including the Drum) and Tamworth once a Preston Guild. I always watch for a bloke who matches RR's broad description. Why? so I can buy him a drink and enjoy his company. He's not guilty of charm but he has shed loads of wit and old fashioned presence.

I've not been arrested yet for bothering total strangers!

It explained about the Mods' function in combining Threads and un-crayoning Posts but the bit on locking that particular Thread must have been too subtle for me. I'm not complaining, it's their train set; I was just curious.

Seadog

War Hero
The other thread was arrse. Threads about keyboard warriors missing in action usually are. The OP titled it 'Where is he' [sic] . FFS where is who?

Now that this reanimated thread has the subject in the title and info about 'rummer's' previous disappearing act, it can serve as a forum for Rum Ration Meals on Wheels.

I mock but I recognise the value of people giving a shit, even on the Internet.

Latest Threads