Rumours of resignations...

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by letthecatoutofthebag, Nov 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ..................
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  2. Nothing heard - but courage of own convictions springs to mind?
  3. Think it would pass unnoticed - Boss of 3 Para is a much more high profile and newsworthy post , together with a highly damaging parting shot. What could a FF/DD skipper offer in comparisom ?
  4. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

They took their time, I resigned (well submitted my notice in a very angry manner) way back in June because I don't like the way things are going, perhaps they heard about it and followed suit. (Probably not as nobody in my command chain has really bothered to ask me why!)
  5. The Navy never have taken much notice when their members leave in a huff.

I once heard a wafu SMR telling the Skipper He was going to leave, and that would leave a hole his the chain of command. Skipper just turned to him and said "Have you ever had your hand in a bucket of water chief"

"Yes I Have!", replied the SMR

The skipper continued " and when you removed it did you see a hole?"

Unless you either have the ear of the press, or at the top of the tree, then leaving in a fit of anger will not amount to a hill of beans.

Everyone is replaceable with a phone call. Bugger isn't it :thumright:
  6. I do wish Norma(n) could keep the argument on track, one monent there are two many officers then the next two retiring is going to leave a gaping hole in the command chain.
  7. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

That's quite a relevant analogy, despite the hole being filled the water level in the bucket will drop (Archimedes and all that), unfortunately the bucket is getting smaller and the hands are being removed more frequently!

Of course I'm replaceable, we all are and quite rightly so, I'm also big enough and ugly enough not to need my DO to offer any advice, my point is actually a dig at JPA, the ability of anyone to sit down at their computer terminal and press the "exit" button without even a chat over coffee is a mistake.
  8. I've heard no gossip about this, and as I spend most of breakfasts at MWS ear-wigging on the CODC's gossip (and they do talk rather loudly!) I hope (!) that this would set tongues wagging. I know a couple are retiring post command, have achieved all they wanted to do in the RN, and having had a reasoned look at what is need to get their 4th stripe, and not unsurprisingly they've gone to look for new jobs whilst they are relatively employable....

Of course, I could be completely wrong on all of the above!!!!
  9. Last one to leave..please put out the lights, lockup and put the key under the mat....ta! :whew: