Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by danny, Apr 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was told yesterday that once Sultan moves to wales Raleigh is going to be moved to Sultan. Sounds very unlikey to me. But apparently the person was told in a brief. Anyone heard of this or just typical rumour bollocks?
  2. I was thinking about this the other day strangely enough...From a logistical viewpoint it would probably save money in the long run given the recent decisions in the MCP. But would the RN have the guts to do it....?
  3. First I've heard of that. Personally I think that once the SM school goes north (as it will eventually), CTCRM will move in. remember where you heard it first, Lympstone would be worth a fortune to developers.
  4. Does that mean we can come on here when Raleigh moves and gob off CONSTANTLY about "Life was so much harder in the old Navy when we were Raleigh boys"

Get in, I can't wait to do that.
  5. Ha har, the ol' Ganges boys will be turning in their graves - including some of them that aint physically dead yet!
  6. That would be me then, I'm not dead I just smell that way (why I stayed on boats so long, nobody noticed the difference)
  7. Funnily enougth I was sat at work the other day looking at "Lego City" and wondered if the they would move it up to DSC. It seems pointless sending new recruits down to guzz if the majority of the surface fleet is in DSC.. I just could'nt think of where they could site new entry training, now I can see light at the end of the tunnel is it the oncoming train. The other option if Lympstone stays is they move Condor down to the Raliegh site something else which is rumoured to be happening. I should imagine that the powers that be have not got the balls to admit to that yet, they will let Cameron sip from the poison chalice.
  8. :oops: :oops: Dont leave the Vinney lads out!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
  9. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Flog CTC, I'd hate to hazard a guess how much it'd cost to replicate the facilities there. Would heartbreak lane be the road back from harbour lights at the new CTC?
  10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...while we're at it, flog BRNC too - the snotty yachties would pay a small fortune for that real estate! :twisted:
  11. F*ck it flog them all lol
  12. I suppose it does.... but Ganges & Vinney boys are in a class of their own! :D :roll: G boys are super-special, V boys are special and R boys are slightly special. :lol:
  13. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Oh yes, and we can train commandos in the New Forest, just the same as Dartmoor.
  14. Why don't we just privatise the whole fcuking shooting match. We're half way there anyway.
  15. Raleigh close, dont think so with the amount of expansion currently taking place there. Seeing that they dont own Sultan, its ******* goodbye Gosport Im happy to say.
  16. I remember the days!! We had to use a hoover to clean the carpets, A hoover I tell you!!! Didnt have these self cleaning carpets you have these days!!!

That how tough Raleigh was, you don't know your born!!!
  17. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

On a serious note, I wouldn't be at all surprised if in the non too distant future all our ships are CLS working crew rotations of some description. We are so short of bodies that there will soon be no SFM's to support the ships.
  18. There is a recent Crab adage that says expansion and base improvements always herald base closure within five years...
  19. I would second that. The amount they spent in Pembroke before Chatham closed was massive.
  20. The only thing special about me is my needs. Now where's my laboon and ice creeeeeaaaaam? Ooooh, that window looks as if it needs licking clean. Mmmmm.