Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour of MI-17 x 2 delivered to Boscombe Down

Jayhawk

Midshipman
Read a rumor that MoD delivered two Kazan MI-17 to Boscombe Down. Figured if its true then must be for either preview part of ETPS Rotary Wing Course or for test eval purposes.

I recall in an article in summer March/April 2004 edition of Defence Helicopter that the MoD was sending RAF SHF crews to train on MI-17 with Kazan Helicopters and some other flight training academy , TRANSAS..think it was part of test eval thing.

Also the USAF AFSOC crews were also sent there as well.

scouse

War Hero
Jayhawk said:
Read a rumor that MoD delivered two Kazan MI-17 to Boscombe Down. Figured if its true then must be for either preview part of ETPS Rotary Wing Course or for test eval purposes.

I recall in an article in summer March/April 2004 edition of Defence Helicopter that the MoD was sending RAF SHF crews to train on MI-17 with Kazan Helicopters and some other flight training academy , TRANSAS..think it was part of test eval thing.

Also the USAF AFSOC crews were also sent there as well.
Saw them operating in the Russian film "9 Rota" directed by Fydor Bondarchuck awesome beasts :thumright: 128x57m rockets. 4 barrell gatling gun. and 4 stingers loaded

Bisley

War Hero
The dit i have been hearing from wafu's in theatre, are these helo's have been flying around for some time.

They were possibly from this company to begin with
http://www.sss3.co.uk/helicopter_capability/

The dit going around was Navy piltos flying them dodgy russians looking after them. MoD getting a bit worried about engineering implications so have brought some to Boscombe down to train up people.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
vauxhall AFPS Rumour Mill Finance & Pensions 0
vauxhall Rumour has it Finance & Pensions 0
D Rumour Current Affairs 19
U No more unit 1st Aid courses? Rumour peddled (by me) as fact Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 10
D Rumour: RFA to merge with RN? The Fleet 70
I Another Rumour???? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 7
MoD_RSS Payments delivered to over 700,000 new and returning students MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Major milestone hit as 2 billion items of PPE delivered MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over 1 million food boxes delivered to those most at risk from coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over half a million food packages delivered to those at risk MoD News 0
MoD_RSS First food parcels delivered to clinically vulnerable people MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Plastics Pact Initiative workshops delivered in Chile MoD News 0
MoD_RSS First Poseidon aircraft delivered to the RAF MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chancellor confirms Spending Round will be delivered on 4 September MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: ‘Finn’s Law’ delivered to protect brave service animals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Speech delivered at the Air Power Conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Soldiers begin training on first sports facility delivered for Army Basing Programme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New RAF intelligence aircraft to be delivered seven months early MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Latest A400M transport aircraft is delivered to the Royal Air Force MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: First UK A400M Atlas delivered to the RAF MoD News 0
M Does anyone know where I can order RN Name badges to be delivered in a hurry-Exeter? The Quarterdeck 11
trelawney126 New Carrier Section being delivered to Rosyth The Fleet 1
DemobJob Security Guard - ASAP - Boscombe Down The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0