Rum Ration staying afloat

slim

War Hero
Getting your knickers in a twist and your bowels in an uproar gives me enormous pleasure. Reason enough I would have thought. First time of answering.
Can't see why you seem to have a problem with the two supermods that the site has. They replaced a certain Mod name of Levers, if he had still been moderating you would have been sitting on the enlarged naughty step alongside myself and many others :) :)

buffersduffer

Midshipman
I’m surprised how few serving and retired matelots have not heard of this site or are even aware of it

Easy way to get new members, each time you post on Facebook etc include a link to Rum Ration in your signature, even if it only pulls in a few new members each week at least it’s a start and soon mounts up

I must admit Levers probably did a lot of damage, I genuinely can’t believe he’s actually in the mob

Stirlin

War Hero
Then why are you responding to such objectionable negativity if it impresses you not?
Treat it with the contempt it deserve and eschew it. Never set foot in Portsmouth but knew Chatham well.
Their submarines and submariners were the smelliest and the best.
Your pathetic rants against officers with a higher rank.....rate than yours were always ripped to shreds by the likes of alf and other serving/retired officers , your attempts at banter as above are rank and yet you still post.
You obviously get a stiffy on by being confronted/belittled....there are internet sites that could service your obsession .

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I'm mostly pongo DNA, so forgive me!

It does seem... odd ...that the matelot site is so quiet compared to *whispers* ARRSE......
That's partly due to the fact that there are 100s of thousands of never served gobshites ex-soldiers on ARRSE, compared to the numbers of ex-RN.

ratsroden

Lantern Swinger
Can't see why you seem to have a problem with the two supermods that the site has. They replaced a certain Mod name of Levers, if he had still been moderating you would have been sitting on the enlarged naughty step alongside myself and many others :) :)
I take your point Slim. It is the Moderator concept I find fault with. You refer to a Levers who, presumably, was more petty and pedantic than the current two we are blessed with. Presumably when Levers was around there were fewer wet behind the ears Raleigh adolescents and more "publish and be damned" sailors proper around. I have never been impressed by pissed with power nonentities. Sorry!

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I take your point Slim. It is the Moderator concept I find fault with. You refer to a Levers who, presumably, was more petty and pedantic than the current two we are blessed with. Presumably when Levers was around there were fewer wet behind the ears Raleigh adolescents and more "publish and be damned" sailors proper around. I have never been impressed by pissed with power nonentities. Sorry!
No, tho opposite is true. He fell out with the old and bold and banned several of them if they did not toe the party (his) line. He came across as an autocratic bigot and hypocrite.

He had very 'forthright' views' and if you attempted to put up a counter argument, were very quickly called a bigot or racist or bold or old or out of touch or all of these.

At the time, he was the ONLY mod, so it was impossible to justify a post or complain about him without actually going to the owners of the train-set, which is what happened. Anyway, for some unknown (to me) reason he left this site and another exRN site where he had been very vocal.

Now those that survived are still here, quietly sucking our thumbs and taking our medication.