Rum Ration 10th Birthday.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Stirlin, Feb 6, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Give or take a few hours , thanks to all contributors over the years , some cracking debates in CA but above all else making me laugh on a daily basis , forget the like , have a pint.
    -
    Blackout-Round.png

• Like Like x 8
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Doesn't time fly?

Like many, I held RR in healthy suspicion for about a year before taking the plunge.

There are those who still view social media with disdain, failing to recognise the good outweighs the bad. I still hear people, who clearly rely on anecdotal data, describing outrage over things they imagine were said nearly a decade ago. They probably weren't, but those with their minds made-up, don't let facts get in the way. Trouble is, the ignorant write the rules.

There have been many peaks and troughs together with many laughs along the way on RR but unlike Arrse, there are times when it barely maintains critical mass of late, which is a great pity.

3. Can't have a pint until Wednesday when I get back home but it'll be worth waiting for :)
    Meanwhile have a 'like' ;)

4. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

And yet ironically, the RN did barely any fighting when you were in, and now that its supposedly more infantile, its done more fighting than it has for years...

• Like Like x 2
  5. A classic example of puerility being writ large.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Grown ups don't fight, what we have today is the little boys (politicians) getting their big brothers (the armed forces) to fight over their arguments with other little boys.

7. Well, that birthday card went down hill rapidly!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Purple_twiglet

What is so puerile exactly?

9. Happy Birthday. Save me a slice of cake. I love you all.

BNM

• Like Like x 1
  10. You too Billy, you too.

11. Purple_twiglet

I don't care how much you say you love me, I'm still not doing that thing you want me to do with the black nasty and the wrens stockings...

12. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1