Ruining the Site

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Passed-over_Loggie, Jan 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I find it hard to believe that a perfectly servicable and functioning Site has been transformed into such a complete clusterf**k. Why? was there Bonus at stake?

If you want a list, please feel free to ask me. This is a quick response as it's the only one I'm offered.

2. You'll excuse me for biting to something posted in the early hours of a Sunday morning but having spent many days on this clusterf**k I'm slightly miffed!

I guess the first thing to say is that just next to your 'Quick Reply' button is one marked 'Go Advanced' which will offer you the full array (& more) formatting, smilies, attachments, etc that you were used to before the upgrade.

The next thing is to ask you to pse give us a list of where you think we've gone wrong. It would be very interesting to hear. In return I'll assist you in pointing out where missing things are (if appropriate), explain the rationale behind decisions & perhaps make you aware of some of the real benefits that you get from this upgrade.

3. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It's called progress old chap. Without it we would still be in caves, hitting women over the head and hunting mammoths. Give it time.

4. Nothing wrong with it, youll get used to it.

5. Clusterfuck wasn't that in the clint eastwood movie heartbreak ridge?

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

:toothy3: I'm still trying to decide which one of those Percy no longer practices. Is it the woolly elephant one?

7. Pah! There's nothing wrong with a decent cave... as long as it's fitted with broadband of course. I'm still coming to terms with indoor privies. Damned unhygenic if you ask me. Mark my words, it'll all end in tears. I blame the Romans.

8. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You've got the hump with me for sending you a badly drawn phallus so i'll ignore your comment. :D

9. Ninja_Stoker

I was truly flattered. My missus wasn't too impressed, but I was, it's the nicest thing anyone has said to me on here.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  10. Site aint bad really. Just takes getting used to. Loved the old set up more but I'm happy with the new one. Give it time

11. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I'll have a bottle of whatever your drinking POL. It gives you a nice tone.

Far from ruining the site, its a vast improvement IMO. Good job BCO & co.

12. Luddite?..

13. Massive improvement Imo. Obviously it's going to take a bit of getting used to but it's miles better. The tapatalk app is good too.

14. Personally, I am delighted with the change. I "go green" occasionally and they changed over several months ago.

Much easier now both sites are the same.

As a dinosaur, I know any change is difficult, but you nay-sayers will learn to love it.

Or you can all f*ck off to E-Goat.

Mind you, that will be next, as GCO/BCO expand their plans for world domination.

15. If Rummer's can hack it anyone can (no offence RR) but cunto appears to have done a runner

16. It's his Asperger's kicking in... I was more than happy with the old site and have found the new one hard work, thanks to Joe_Crow for the advice to date which has helped ease the pain.

I am finding the new posts / unread posts formatting hard to understand (maybe it's not working correctly yet?) basically posts I've read appear to be marked unread when I return. The multiple quote is still a mystery to me.

Chat is a welcome addition; receiving BR's remarkable phallus makes all the changes worthwhile. MLP's pathetic, life-sized squirting 'self-portrait' was thoroughly displeasing - nobody's manhood could be that small.

Summary like [email protected], you have to take the rough with the smooth...

17. You've obviously sussed the reply with quote bit. If you want to put lot's of quotes in (or even 2) mark the post you want by clicking the multiple quote icon (should change to a tick) then click on "reply with quote" and away you go.

18. Testing now...

Fail! :tard:

It ticks as you said but only one quote shows in the quick reply box and only one shows when posted.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  19. Ninja_Stoker

Just having a go myself following the advice above. If it works, it proves matelots are cleverer than like what Booties are.

20. Ninja_Stoker

Hmmn, seems we are.